REWRITE: Chapter 4. Shelby

Lucinda seemed confused when I told her this.

"The will... to do evil? As in, opposed to the will to do good?"

She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. There is a soul who is the will to do good, but DETERMINATION is a strange soul."

I summoned the heart-shaped projection once again.

"It's not like my soul of INTEGRITY. INTEGRITY is only really good for being honest, doing what you feel is right... but power-wise, I'm actually on the low end."

I commented. Lucinda seemed to catch on quickly.

"And DETERMINATION... that's on the high end?"

She asked. I nodded.

"Both souls of DETERMINATION share that power, however the guy we see fighting Aaron right now... he's the only one who actually fights with it."

I remarked, relinquishing my soul as Aaron and Red began fighting once more, Aaron relying on a blunt force approach while Red dodged his attacks with ease.

"But if one of those souls is here... then where's the other one?"

Lucinda asked. A spark ran through my body. Normally the two didn't stay together very often. The soul of DETERMINATION, the will to do good, often stayed by the soul of PERSEVERANCE if anything. But both souls of DETERMINATION... they normally aren't aloud to be close together. Something about a RESET that they could do together.

"I... don't know. Those two souls are hardly aloud together. Putting that same power in one place, it's dangerous. The reason DETERMINATION had to be split like this, it's because their so strong."

I started getting nervous. If she really was here... no, she wouldn't come to something like this, would she?

"Hi there!"

"Aaah!"

I was cut out of my stupor by a red haired girl mysteriously appearing in front of Lucinda and I. I just had to jinx it, didn't I? I took a few deep breaths, and got myself together.

"So... hello!"

She said, her hands behind her back innocently. Lucinda leaned close to me.

"So umm... who is this?"

She whispered. I sighed.

"H-Hi Shelby."

I stuttered out, very surprised to see the smaller girl here. In all honesty, we were about the same height. But I was standing on stairs, and she was not, therefore I was taller. Shelby smiled happily, her white sweater reflecting her demeanor.

"Jess! You remember me!"

She said, tackling me in a hug. Lucinda quickly summoned her staff, but I waved an "ok" gesture at her.

"She's harmless. Trust me."

I said. Lucinda frowned, putting her staff away, but watching Shelby with a careful eye.

"Jeeeeeess! It's been so long! It's been FOREVER since we last saw you!"

She said, getting off me and leaving me to get up for my own. Lucinda walked back to my side.

"Jess?"

She asked. I grinned sheepishly.

"It's uhh... you know how people have birthnames, and nicknames?"

I asked. Lucinda immediately got the picture.

"Ah. Got it."

She commented. Shelby seemed confused.