REWRITE: Chapter 5. Anti-Aging Cream

This was a rather comment-happy chapter in the first draft. If you see any comments that make no sense in context of this plotline, that's probably why. Just an FYI.

Charging into battle with two spinning blades in my hand, I quickly evaluated the situation. Red and Aaron were going at it rather intensely, and our main objective was to break it up. Red had completely lost it, while I wasn't too sure about Aaron, but best to play it safe. Lucinda and Shelby seemed to want to take Red, while Garroth, Laurence, Dante, and Travis went after Aaron. In my opinion, they seemed to have Aaron under control, but that was subjective on my part.

So I went after Red. Red had one very large knife in his hand, the blade part red-hot. So naturally, I couldn't be careless. But Red most certainly was. He swung his blade quickly, forcing me to vault over it. Red, seeing my move, released one hand off the blade, and proceeded to punch me in the face with it. I coiled in response, while Shelby and Lucinda proceeded to fire off Red and Blue blasts of energy, which directed Red's attention towards them. Once I had my bearings straight, I went back into the fray. I could hear Shelby trying to get my attention, but well, I was rather distracted.

"-SET! I ca- RE!-"

Like I said- I was distracted.

Red realized I was approaching, and with a quick wave of his arm, he sent waves of Red energy towards me. I jumped over the first one, and ran around the second two, all trying to get closer. Red turned his head toward me, and threw his knife in my direction. I placed my blades up by my face to deflect the blade, but Red had more power than me, shattering in the blades in my hands and giving my hands a pretty dangerous 2nd degree burn. I staggered, and Red sent more waves my direction. Sweat went down my face. Without use of my hands, I couldn't do much. But that mostly presented the closing of my hands... 

I calmed myself. Standing still as the waves became closer, I let a power into my body that I hadn't let in for a long time. My SOUL appeared in front of me, and all of sudden my eyes shot open. I jumped straight into the air, higher than at my house, around... maybe 30 feet? And I let my SOUL's power flow over my body. Similar to what Jin performed earlier, with changing  his form and whatnot, I changed my appearance to be more loose-fitting, but with armor fitting around my waist, upper chest, and braces around my wrists and legs. It was like it was a medieval ballerina if you wanted to be precise. I just called it my combat form. I felt the burns on my hands slowly start to fade away, but it was going to be a bit before the finished healing. So instead of using my hands, I used my legs. I let the blades appear on my legs, the small weight assisting in sending me downward. Red sent waves of red energy up towards me, which, since I had the high ground, made dodging them rather easy. I spun around the first couple, and while Red was focused on me, Shelby and Lucinda attacked Red while his back was turned. When he turned to them, I fell down right on top of him, the spinning blades on my legs to deal with any sort of magical aura he had on him. He might not have had one, I wasn't too sure, but better be safe then sorry.

Red fell backwards, a red hue leaving his body as he went unconscious. Shelby caught him before he hit the concrete.  Lucinda and I ran over to his side to make sure he was OK. I turned over to the fight revolving around Aaron, but it turns out that Garroth and crew had it under control. With a sigh, I returned to my original clothing, Lucinda looking very impressed with the mini-transformation.

"Is he going to be alright?"

I asked. Shelby nodded, her hand on his forehead.

"He'll be fine. He hadn't extended his power like that in awhile. It might take a few days to get him back in order, but with my limited healing power before we get back to the underground, he should be fine."