learning to cope with heartache, i.

pt1: the heartbroken

1. learn to accept it, don't drown yourself in hope or whiskey. it wont help.

2. fix your friendships, talk to the people you stopped talking to. spend quality with the best friend you didnt before.

3. don't let the rumours get to you, and don't start rumours to get to them.

4. their absence will hit you hard and you'd want to call them, don't. try to bear the loneliness, instead. you'll feel it many times.

5. do not listen to songs that remind you about them, and do not read old texts. it will hit like a rainstorm. and it'll only worsen the process. and even if you do listen to cheesy songs and read old texts, which you probably will, just know when to stop. you'll only hurt yourself.

6. you don't necessarily have to delete anything. maybe one day, when you're older you could look at them and laugh at how childish you both were.

7. try something new, like a new ice cream flavour. a flavour you were always scared to try. one scoop of bubblegum and another of cotton candy always helps.

8. you're not the only one who's hurting.

9. you'll see them and it might get too much, but you can either walk away or face them. it wont matter anyways. and it doesnt matter what they think. do the one which will make you feel better.

10. do not try to get back with them, they left for a reason. and they'll find another reason, next time.

11. it wasnt your fault. please don't think you deserve this, it was inevitable.