Chapter 3

Chapter 3

{Emerald}

"I went by the restaurant and you weren't there." I said to Gemmy as I watched him shuffle around his bedroom.

It had been a few days and I hadn't heard from him. That's totally unlike him. He's always concerned about my whereabouts and well-being so, to hear nothing from him was out of the norm.

"Gemini I know you heard me. What's the problem?"

He just continued to shuffle which was pissing me off so I went and stood in front of him. That's all it took, really. Men are like big ol' babies.

He looked down at me and sighed.

"What's wrong, boo?"

"Gia's pregnant." He mumbled.

I climbed into his bed. Now everything was clear. Gia was his heart and basically his daughter. I know he's tearing himself up inside behind this one.

"Come 'ere." I said patting the bed beside me. He obeyed and laid his head on my lap. He was silent for a moment.

"Talk to me. What's going through your head Gemmy?" I asked him.

"Like why the hell would she go out and have sex with a random nigga. I taught her better than that Em. She don't see me out here smashing random chicks so, why would she degrade herself like that? Do she know what being pregnant means? Her young life is pretty much over if she wants to raise her child successfully. She messed her life up Em. She messed it up." He ranted.

"I hear you Gemini. I know you're upset. You have every right to be. I know you love kids so the reason that you're really angry is because you already want what's best for the child. As much as you want to wash your hands of Gia and her mistake, you would beat yourself up for giving up on the baby."

He nodded his head and looked away. I caressed the side of his face, smoothing out his beard.

"Life aint supposed to be like this Emerald. I'm supposed to be done worrying about everybody else and focused on me. But, it seems like everytime I turn around, another challenge is thrown at me. By this time I wanted us to be married and welcoming a baby into the world but here go my little sister bringing one instead."

"What do you mean by us?" I asked him, surprised slightly by his statement.

"Emerald please don't sit here and act like you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, bruh."

I stared at him blankly. He sighed and wiped his hand down over his face.

"I love you Emerald. I want to be with you. I want you to be my wife. I don't want no one else having my babies but you. We're amazing when we're together intellectually and we care for each other emotionally in ways that we never would for anyone else. Can't nobody fuck with what we have Emerald and you know it. You finding every reason to keep that nigga around just so that you won't admit it."

"Gemini you know I love you too but what do you expect for me to do? Just up and tell Kenneth "fuck you I'm going to be with Gemini"?"

"You're practically already mine! That nigga slacks so much because he knows I'm there to pick up where he lacks. Aint no way Imma let my girl lay up in the bed with another nigga or even spend as much time together as we do."

"Well if you know all this then why do you overstep bounds?"

"Why you ain't told me to stop?"

"Because you're my best friend and-."

"You're not about to fucking friend zone me Emerald." he smacked his lips.

"I'm just telling you the truth Gemmy."

"You can't friend zone a nigga that you've fucked."

"Move." I said, pushing his head out of my lap.

"Where the hell are you going?" He asked.

I ignored him as I walked out his room and toward the front door of his home.

"Let me go Gemini!" I yelled as I felt him wrap his arm around my waist and pull me away from the door.

"Quit yelling in my damn house." He chastised.

"Then let me go." I said, struggling to free myself.

"Quit resisting, Emerald. I'm not tryna hurt you." He pleaded.

I settled down and tried to relax in his arms. I angrily wiped the tears that had forced their way out of my eyes.

"What is wrong with you, Emerald?"

"You said you'd never bring it up, Gemini."

He sighed and looked away.

"Why do you like acting like it never happened?" He mumbled.

"That's not true. I could never forget it. It was the first and only time I had ever made love. I cried during sex. It was more than a physical connection."

"I cried too." He admitted.

There was a lingering silence between us.

I twisted around in his arms and looked him in the eyes.

We leaned in and our lips touched. We kissed. Slow pecks turned into lip-tugging coupled with heavy breathing. We went at it. Ignorant of time, place, and circumstance.

I allowed Gemini to lift my shirt over my head.

To feel his hands on my bare skin...

The electricity....

I wanted to give Gemini all of me. He deserved all of me.

He stopped.

"Why are we playing with each other?" Gemini asked, breathlessly as he rested his forehead against mine.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Get off of me."

"What?" I asked him.

"Get off of me and get out of my house."

"Gemini?" I asked in disbelief.

Without a word, he went into his bedroom and closed the door.