Chapter 4

Chapter 3

{Gemini}

"Now you know you're not supposed to be eating that mess, Gia." I chastised her. She was scarfing down some hot wings from Wingstop.

"And you know you shouldn't be avoiding Emerald." She shot back.

I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"Don't get salty Gemmy. You know you're wrong bruh. You haven't talked to her in over a month. That's ridiculous seeing as how yall have talked to each other every day since yall met in college. A day has never went by where yall havent talked. That's all bad Gemini."

"I'm not the one with the problem. She is. Everybody always want to get on me but yall never call Emerald out on her stuff."

"What stuff?"

"The fact that she playing with my feelings."

"What feelings, Gemmy? Ya'll are just best friends."

I exhaled deeply and adjusted the hat on my head.

"Wait..." She stared at me. "You have romantic feelings for Emerald?"

"It ain't obvious?"

"Well I mean, the affection you show for her has always been the same."

She looked at me and her face softened.

"You've always had romantic feelings for her. Why didn't you say anything Gemmy?"

"I don't know man. I just thought that it would happen naturally. I didn't think she would friend zone a nigga. After a while I just felt like she wasn't attracted to me. That didn't stop my feelings for her though."

"First off, Emerald ain't all that so she can't be too choosy. Secondly, Gemmy, you're a catch. Any woman would be more than fortunate to have you. You're selfless, self-sacrificing, loving, caring and a boss to top it all off. Don't waste your time loving somebody that doesn't love you back in the same way. "

"Gia you don't get it."

"How? Im freaking pregnant by somebody I wasted time loving! I screwed up my life because I wasted my time loving somebody that obviously did not love me. You deserve better Gemmy. I love Emerald but, you deserve someone who loves you more."

"I hear you, Gia."

"Don't hear me. Understand me." She said, before cleaning up her trash and exiting the room.

"Aye Gia, Im finna go to the restaurant. Call me if you need anything." I announced.

"Alright!" She yelled from my bedroom.

***

Come on give me that green light

You can let your head down

Well only if it feels right

Oho, give me that green light

"Aye why this music so loud?" I yelled as I walked into the restaurant.

I could here Ro James' Permission loud and clear before I could even walk into the restaurant.

"My bad." A girl that I didn't recognize said, as she rushed to lower the volume.

"Who are you?" I asked the girl.