The Baby Momma

With the move fastly approaching  Caleb and I found ourselves trying to make the most of the time in LA. We had finally settled on a house and the kids even agreed that it would be a cool place. The older kids weren't too happy about leaving but it wasn't up to them and I was looking forward to a new pace in life. For Caleb he just wanted everyone to be happy and I know he waned the kids to like him more. I didn't understand why he felt the need to rush things with them when they already liked him, but he was set. So the weekend called for a somewhat father-children activity, and the kids were going to go camping. I had no idea how that was going to go down, but a house free of kids was calling my name.

Me, "Caleb are you sure that you want to take all the kids camping, can you handle that?"

Caleb, "Yeeah, it's going to be fun. I used to love camping as a kid, I'm sure this will be fun"

Me, "Okay, but if it's too much  then come back home. I don't want you to go crazy with the kids. they can be a lot"

Caleb, "I know, but don't worry about me. I can handle a 48 hour trip with the kids"

Me, "That's what you say now, but you don't really know how much they can be. They are a lot"

Caleb, "Have some faith in me. I mean damn"

Me, "I do. Listen I have full faith but I don't want you to get caught up in this idea or dream and then it doesn't work out. Kids don't follow game plans"

Caleb, "I know, you act like I have never interacted with kids before. Gosh Diamond I wish that you would have a little more faith in me sometimes. I mean you act like I haven't been here with you this past year helping you raise these kids. I know that you've spent a lot of time basically handling the household as a single mom, but that's not the case anymore. Let some of the reins go"

Me, "Okay, and you need to understand that these are my kids and I have to look out for them no matter what. I know that you have been here with me helping to raise them, but at the end of the day they are my responsibility. You're my partner and you treat them like they are your own, but I have to be on the watch for what they need. They are my top priority, and I trust you, but I have to look out for them before myself and anyone else"

Caleb, "If you don't want me to take them camping, then I won't. I mean I'm starting to get the idea that you really just don't feel comfortable with me taking the kids on a trip. It's not like I'm going to abduct them or something"

Me, "I didn't say that at all. Caleb if I didn't trust you with my kids then there would be no way in hell that I would take the kids and move halfway across the country. You know I am committed to being in a relationship with you and that means sharing the responsibility of the childcare. I trust you and I know that you're going to be a great camp guide. Now go and have fun"

Caleb, "Okay, and we should be back Sunday evening"

Me, "Okay love, have a good time"

After Caleb and the kids left I was out of the house and heading to eat with two of my friends from the gym. We were going to this new Thai place and I was so down. On the way over I was checking through my Instagram feed and passed over this post from Trey's wife. She was posting these inspirational quotes, and something told me to just check on her page. We had never really seen eye to eye, but from a quick glance through her page she seemed to be stressing the fact that she was a single and independent woman. I figured Trey was giving her the cold shoulder, and seeing as how he was too preoccupied to hit me back or text me, I could only imagine what she was going through.

By the time I reached back home it was minutes to 2 and my head was spinning. They had been giving out these custom drinks for the opening and I had gotten probably a bit too much. I was supposed to check on Caleb and the kids but just jumped into bed and went to sleep. The next morning I woke up to a strange text message from an restricted number.