Chapter 03

"This is the dream-like feeling most of us experience when we have a crush. Just looking at our crush can make us smile and then when they go on to do things like laugh and smile themselves out happiness only intensifies." 

*********

~Zeisha

As the alarm clock sound reached my ears I woke up. I was feeling happy today. I dragged myself out of the bed, ran a brush through my short hair and I looked in the mirror. With hair sticking in all directions, I was a sight to behold. The clock beside me told me that it was time to get ready for the day ahead of me. I pulled myself into some seriously tight jeans and loose checked shirt. Whilst checking myself out in the mirror I combed and sprayed my hair into some puffy-like style I was happy with. Shouting bye to my family, I set out the door to school.

Reaching school I made my way to my friends who were absent the other day.

"Hey Char! Hey Sean!" I greeted them, smiling widely.

"Hi Zee! Why are you smiling that way? It's creepy" Sean said, making a weird face. Charlotte giggled at it.

"I'm just happy today. Why didn't you guys come yesterday?"

"Yeah, our parents' mutual friend died. Yesterday was his funeral. So we couldn't make it."

The word death affects me so much. My father died when I was 8 years old and it also reminds me of thoughts about killing myself. But now I continuously remind myself that suicide is for cowards--and I didn't deserve it.

"Something wrong Zee?" Charlotte asks with a seemingly concerned face, pulling me out of my thoughts.

" Nothing. I got into fight with the Sophie bitch yesterday. Had to go to the counselor for teaching her a lesson" I smirked evilly.

"You and your anger! She must have deserved it"

"Hey, first period started! Let's go!"

"You guys go, I have to take my books from my locker. I'll catch up with you."

"Okey dokey, bye"

"Bye"

I quickly went to my locker and took out my book. As I turned someone collided with me, sending me down to kiss the floor. I didn't make contact with it like I'd thought. As I opened my brown eyes, I look up to find striking emerald green eyes staring wonderingly into my own. I stared at him, noticing his features. He had high cheekbones, a defined jawline and dark brown hair.

"Ah-hem." The guy coughed. Realizing I was staring for too long, I let go of the him and we both stepped back. I looked around, embarrassed.

"Eh... thanks for eh... uh saving me." I stammered while laughing nervously. I'm never nervous but he was making me feel all the butterflies in my stomach. "For-uh-not letting me fall, I mean. My name is Zeisha. Zeisha Evans. You must be new here." I held out my hand in his direction confidently. When did I became this social? All this time he was just looking at me with an unknown emotion in his eyes. I waved my hand in front of his face, disturbing his daydream.

"Noah Adams. Nice to meet you." He told me by taking my hand and shaking it, his hand perfectly fitting into mine. His cheeks were slightly red from embarrassment.

I smiled at him. I was never this friendly with anyone...it might be my happy mood.

"What class do you have right now?" I pointed to the class schedule in his hands.

" Physics. Can you point me to the class?"

" Yeah I have the same class. Oh shoot! Come on, class has already started."

I moved quickly to the class and he followed. As I entered all eyes focused on me.

"Miss Evans, you are 10 minutes late. Can you tell why?" says Mr. Chris strictly.

"Um sir, I.. a..." I fiddled with my fingers nervously, not having an answer. Some students snicker at my state. Why am I so different today?

" She was showing me around sir. I am new here so I asked for help. I'm Noah Adams." He introduced himself as he entered the classroom, shifting Mr. Chris' attention from my tardy.

"Okay then. Welcome to Lakeview Mr. Adams. Please take a seat, you too Ms. Evans." Mr. Chris said, seemingly accepting Noah's reason about my tardiness.

I took seat at the back with Noah following me and taking the seat beside me. I look up to see Charlotte and Sean smiling knowingly and winking at me and him. I shake my head at them.

I look to my side and finds Noah already looking at me with small smile on his face.

"Thanks again" I say to him.

He comes really close to my ears and spoke in a husky voice, "You're welcome, sweetheart."

It gave me goosebumps and butterflies in my stomach. I was blushing red. He chuckles knowingly and turns his attention to Mr. Chris. The class goes by smoothly but all the time I can feel someone's gaze at me, staring from time to time.

The butterflies in my stomach keep erupting and I officially know that I now have a crush on someone.

*******************************
~ If you liked the chapter, don't forget to vote and comment. Thanks :)