Chapter 7

Akeifa never had seemed to find the time to go on a date with Atem. He was too busy beefing security to protect Ryou and Atem. He worked himself from dawn until he passed out from exhaustion. It was never enough. Though tonight Atem would have Akeifa to himself. He had noticed the amount of time Akeifa had been working. He decided it was time his thief took a break.

Atem in the hallway, Akeifa smiled and nodded. "Almost got the wall reinforced."

"You're off duty starting tonight." Atem said sternly. "The Pharaoh already confirmed it. The guards have been told what to do. Go be with Ryou."

Akeifa looked at Atem with tired eyes. "The security isn't enough. You two aren't protected. I can rest when you two are safe."

Atem cupped Akeifa's face in his hands, "Too bad, you've protected us enough. Ryou needs you during this time. Are you going to be away while he's finding out the gender of his kids? Don't you want to figure out names with him?"

Akeifa sighed. "Okay. I know we haven't had our first date, and I'm sorry..I ...I just want you all safe."

"Akeifa...we are safe. What you need to concern yourself about is being there for Ryou. Oh and about the date don't worry about it. I already love you." He said softly.

Akeifa smiled. "I love you." He pecked his lips, then headed to find Ryou, pulling him in a hug. "Hey little brother. How are you? I think security is almost safe enough."

"I don't know," Ryou hugged him back. "I'm having a boy and a girl. I want to name the girl Amane."

Akeifa smiled. "I think that's beautiful, brother."

"Thanks, it was Bakura's idea.. I told him about her," Ryou said with a sad smile.

Akeifa just held Ryou. "I am so, so sorry."

"Don't be. We can't change what happened," Ryou said gently.

*************

And so, time passed...

************

Ryou felt something akin to being stabbed in his midsection.

Ryou whimpered at feeling the pain. He didn't know what caused it until his water broke. His eyes widened in shock. He didn't think the kids would arrive today.

Akeifa woke up. "Wha's wrong?" He rubbed his eyes from his bed.

"My water broke," Ryou whimpered. "It hurts."

"Shit...Isis." Akeifa grabbed Ryou and ran him to Isis's room.....skidding when she wasn't there....then ran to Yugi's room, barging in while Yugi was indisposed. "He's having a baby! Babies! Help!"

************

Yugi was awoken with an extremely sharp pain. Yami had his arms around Yugi, head in his neck. Yugi yelped. He rolled off of Yami. Luckily for him he was naked. It was easy to move into the right position as his water broke.

Yami jumped up. "ISIS!!!!" he screamed. He had asked her to sleep in the adjoining room for when this would happen.

Yugi was glad to have Isis. At least he'd have a good medic to get through the birthing process.

Isis was in the room immediately, positioning him. Yami was holding his hand. As Akeifa ran in, Isis directed Akeifa to lay Ryou on the bed in her room.

Frowning, Isis looked at Yugi and Yami. "The baby is not positioned in a way to come out freely. We will have to take the boy." Yami went pale.

Ryou held onto Akeifa's hand for dear life.