Chapter 2

Ryou paced back and forth in the small cage. He had eaten his food, but was frustrated at having to wait for Bakura to come back.

Bakura walked in. "Fluffy done eating?"

"Yeah," he replied hoping the older thief would let him out of the cage now.

"Now...what to do..." Smirking, he stared at Ryou.

"Let me out of this cage?" he asked hopefully.

Bakura walked over, eyes on Ryou. Unlocking the door, he stepped back.

Ryou took a tentative step out of the cage. He looked up at him, wondering why Bakura was staring at him.

Bakura made no move, just stood watching him.

Ryou glomped Bakura, a slight smile on his lips. He thought Bakura was really similar to his older brother but of course the two thieves have their differences.

Bakura raised his eyebrows. "I kidnap you, and you hug me?"

"So?" he asked, sorrow evident in his eyes as he missed his big brother though there was also a flash of hurt that passed and went quickly as he rolled off of him and sat across from him, looking down as his hair hid his face. "It's better to love than hate someone."

Bakura looked at him with hard eyes. "Love is weak."

"No, it's a strength," he replied, not letting Bakura see him cry as he didn't like people to see him like that.

Bakura sighed, lifting Ryou's face with a finger. "Don't let anyone make you cry."

Ryou flinched away from Bakura's touch, "You don't really love me. So why should I bother trying not to hate you?"

"Kid, you don't know anything about me." He pulled away as Ryou flinched.

"You don't know me either," he snapped in response.

"Really? You adore Akeifa, you two have been living on the streets since your parents died when you were ten. You avoided a nasty horse accident when you were twelve. Want me to keep going?"

Ryou sighed, "You're hopeless. By not knowing me I meant how I am; not my past."

"You don't like people to see you cry. You stare at the full moon. You wish on falling stars. You and Yugi are close." Eyes darken at that.

"Have you been stalking me or something?" he asked, narrowing his eyes slightly at him.

"You were saved from a horse accident. You were sprung from prison. A bag of food was left on a particularly cold night."

"Fine, don't answer me," he huffed, turning his back to him. "By the way if you're jealous of Yugi you shouldn't be. He and I are only close because I helped him to recover from being traumatized."

Gripping Ryou's arm, he spun Ryou around. "I just did. Who did that for you?" Emotion boiling behind his eyes. He did not know why he was explaining himself...he didn't want this angel to think bad of him.

"I-I don't know," he said quietly, looking down as he always thought Akeifa had done that.

"Ryou, open your eyes." Bakura's brooding face was in front of him.

Ryou opened his eyes. He blushed at seeing Bakura's face so close to his.

Without knowing why, Bakura leaned over, sliding his lips over Ryou's. Eyes sliding closed as he gripped Ryou's waist, pulling him close.

Ryou hesitantly kissed him back. He wrapped his arms around Bakura, holding him close.

Moaning quietly, Bakura's fingers dug into Ryou's waist. "Ryou...," he murmured. "I will protect you always."