chapter 26

minji p.o.v

i opened my eyelids and looked at the ceiling. i turned my face to the other side of the couch, where jennie was still sleeping with her blanket on the floor. i poked her arm with my foot and waited for her to wake up. she woke up and pushed my foot away while giggling.

"what about cereal and cartoon network?" i asked her.

she mumbled a soft "yeah, sure" and got up from the couch.

"how late is it even?" she continued mumbling and looked at her watch.

i got up too and folded the blankets. i put them aside and opened cartoon network on the tv. she walked to the kitchen and i heard her putting cocopops in bowls. the sound of jennie pouring cold milk in the bowls made me happy.

a few minutes later she came to the livingroom with two bowls of cocopops. i thanked her as i put the volume of the tv up. she sat down too and we started eating our cereal silently while watching teen titans go.

"you never told me about this jungkook guy.." she muttered as she poked my ribcage with her elbow.

"i know i'm a bad friend, you don't need to remind me" i responded and tried to concentrate on robin singing a song.

"does he think he doesn't deserve you?" she asked, this time with a louder voice.

i looked at her and nodded after thinking for a bit. she put a spoon full of cereal in her mouth and held her finger in the air for a second.

"my mom always says that the man who thinks he doesn't deserve you, is the one who deserves you" she explained as she wiped her milk moustache off.

i stared at her for a little while and frowned. what is she trying to say? does she think i should get back to him?

"you should make it up with him, god knows.. maybe you two are meant to be together" she continued while smiling at the tv. robin was trying to hit on starfire.

jennie has that ability, she always knows what i'm thinking about. i admire that side of her. i didn't say anything and continued eating my cereal. should i forgive him? but what if he doesn't want me anymore? 

"if he makes you want to get up in the morning, and if he makes you feel safe and at home.. then don't even think about it. life's short, it won't wait." she rattled as she put her last spoon of cereal in her mouth.

she picked up both of our bowls (yes we finished our food in a split second) and brought them to the kitchen. i heard her washing the dishes and drying the bowls.

when she walked back into the livingroom she made a ponytail and looked in the mirror. she used a bit of my concealer, which she just found in a little basket.

"i'm going minji, my mom's probably worried. call me for updates, alright? see you!" she chimed as she led herself out of my house.

i heard the door click silently, just like that. i sighed and rushed my hand through my hair. what do i do now?