chapter 48

minji p.o.v

i closed my eyes and pulled my knees up. the chair i was sitting in wasn't very comfortable, but all i could do was wait until jonathan would wake up so i really didn't care. i carefully listened to the beeping noises coming from the machines in the hospital room.

could i have saved him? could i have prevented this all? could i have been a good sister? it's all my fault. i should've taken caution, i should've been more alert. goddamn.

"hey, i brought you some coffee." i heard a soft whisper from the entrance of the room.

i opened my eyes lazily and looked up at jungkook. he looked tired too. he sat down on the chair in front of me and handed me one of the two cups of coffee he was holding. i took a sip and sighed.

"so he's still sleeping?" jungkook asked and glanced at jonathan.

"yes, i guess the meds were pretty heavy." i replied and took a larger sip.

"how are you?"

"me??" i said in a dumbfounded way.

"yeah, you. you don't look so well." jungkook added and put his coffee down.

"i'm fine, a bit relieved..." i answered his question.

"good, if you don't feel okay let me know. we can go outside to take some fresh air, walk around a bit..." he said softly and smiled.

i smiled back and nodded.

"thank you, i will."

"alright... i'll be in the hall, text me if you need anything." he implored and got out of his chair. he grabbed his cup of coffee and left the room, closing the door with a soft click.

i love jungkook. he's so considerate. it's impossible to not love him, right? i put my cup down and looked at jonathan. his chest was going up and down peacefully. i looked at the burns on his arms and face. my poor brother... why did they do this to you?

i wiped an unexpected tear off my cheek and smiled to myself. it's going to be alright, he is going to be alright. he's safe now.

~several weeks later~

i put down the chopsticks that i was serving ramen with and looked over my shoulder.

"babe! the door!" i shouted and in no time i heard jungkook open the front door of our house.

"just in time! we've got enough food, let's eat together." i chimed and walked back into the kitchen to get more bowls and cutlery, as my parents and little brother came inside.

"ah, minji, i thought i told you to stop feeding jungkook so much ramen! it's unhealthy!" my mom nagged from inside of the living room.

"i'm only making it because he wants it, mom." i said and walked back into the living room with full hands.

jungkook took the cutlery from me and put them down on the table. he helped me to serve the rest of the food and soon enough we were all sitting at the table, digging into the ramen i made.

"so what's up with your hair? do you still have bald spots?" i asked jonathan and raised out of my seat to look at the side of his head.

"stop it, you're embarrassing me!" he snapped back and continued to eat.

i rolled my eyes as i turned my face to my mother. "what have you been up to?" i asked her politely.

"nothing much, just knitting at home while waiting for your dad and jonathan to come home. it is pretty boring but i'm good." she replied with her eyes smiling.

my dad put down his empty bowl and looked at the pot with big eyes.

"there's still some left, let me fill your bowl." i said to him, stood up and reached my hand out to serve him but my mother sneered from beside me.

"you keep feeding him so much minji! no is no. besides, we already ate at home!"

"ah..." i stuttered and put my hand down while looking at my dad. he laughed and gestured to me to sit down.

"i was just kidding, i'm full sweetie." he conceded.

jungkook smiled as he watched me and my parents talk about everyday life and the jobs of me and jungkook. he filled his bowl for the second time and continued to eat, just like jonathan.

"so when are you planning on giving me my first grandchild?" my mother asked suddenly and jungkook started coughing so loud that he walked straight into the kitchen, where he continued to cough.

"mom! why are you asking that now?!" i fretted with red cheeks and glanced at jungkook who was still in the kitchen.

"why? i'm your mother i can ask whatever i want whenever..." she muttered back and put her chopsticks down.

jungkook shuffled back to the living room with a red face and a tad bit teary eyes.

"i'm sorry to disturb you like that..." he mumbled and sat down.

my dad was grinning widely at him, meanwhile my mom was just confused as to why we didn't answer her question.

"let's talk about that later, mom..." i whispered and put down my chopsticks too.

she got out of her seat and waddled to the sofa so she could sit down. ah, my mom... she's really one of a kind. my dad and brother got up too, so me and jungkook started to clean the table up. as i was washing the dishes in the kitchen jungkook stood beside me and started to whisper talk to me.

"your mom can't seem to wait till we make a baby..."

"she's just getting old, what are you expecting?" i said in response.

"do you want a kid, though?" he asked unsure of my answer.

"i mean, we're both working but i could take some time off from my job for my pregnancy. after giving birth the baby can stay with my parents throughout the day, while we work. and then when he or she gets older we can apply to a crèche. or kindergarten. what do you think?"

"me? i'm just astonished by the fact that i'm talking about making babies with the girl i met a few years ago by running away from a gang."

i laughed out loud and shook my head softly as i wiped my wet hands off my apron "yeah, the world sure is a crazy place. but i'm glad you knocked on my door that night."

"you are?" jungkook asked while raising his eyebrow.

"ofcourse i am, i'm married to the love of my life right now, i've got my little brother and my parents, we got our own house, we're earning our money... i'm happier than anyone else!" i smiled and cupped jungkook's face.

he smiled with his eyes closed and put his hands over mine. he slowly pushed them down, looked into my eyes and pulled me closer. his eyes were sparkling in a bright way. just like a bunch of stars in the middle of the night.

"you're the best thing to ever happen to me. i love you." he whispered and laid a peck on my forehead.

"ahhh, it seems like someone is getting sentimental!" i teased childishly.

jungkook held my hands and looked at me with passionate and caring eyes. the amount of love and dedication he shows me is more than enough for me. i don't need anyone else, as long as he's by my side. i love him so much. i tilted my head a bit sideways and looked right back into his eyes. my sun, my moon, my polaris, my own little galaxy, my entire universe.

i'm: tears 😭 anyways, how'd y'all like this chapter? i enjoyed writing it a lot~ if you're reading this listen to Take It All by Kiana Ledé! i've put the audio vid below. i think it suits this chapter a lot. 💞💞 thanks for reading, i love u all tons!