Chapter thirteen

Amber

"Just tell what you mean by something nice?" I ask Cayden as we walk up to the front door of his parents house.

"What does something nice mean to you?" He asks.

"It depends on its a casual nice or a going out nice, so which is it?"

"It's a surprise."

"Just tell me do I dress up?"

"Maybe."

"You're so annoying." I say as Cayden knocks on the door. "If I walk out dressed up and your wearing sweats I will kill you."

Cayden just smirks at me before the door opens to a very excited looking Abby.

"Amber!" She shouts and runs to me giving me a hug.

I lift her up in my arms kissing her cheek.

"Great to see you to sis." Cayden says and me and Abby laugh.

I let Abby down and we all walk inside and go into the kitchen where Caydens parents are.

"Amber it's lovely to see you again." Mrs Ryder says before standing up to give me a hug.

"Love you too mom." Cayden says sitting down at the table beside his dad.

"I'm so sorry about your father. You could have told me." She ignores Cayden instead talking to me.

"I'm just glad he can get the help he finally needs." I say and Mrs Ryder smiles at me.

"Your a great girl Amber." She says before we are interrupted by Abby.

"Amber come play with me!" Abby says grabbing my hand.

"Not for long Abby she has a date to get ready for." Cayden says before Abby pulls me out of the kitchen.

"You finally maned up and asked her on a date?" I hear mr Ryder say before Abby drags me into a room.

Abby pulls me down onto the ground before walking over to her games in the corner. "What do you wanna play?"

"What games do you have?" I ask.

"How about we play with my dolls." She says taking them all out. "Which one do you want to be."

"I'll be the brown haired one." I say and she hands it to me.

"Be this guy to so it can be like you and Cayden. They can go out too." She says handing me a boy doll.

~~~~~

"Come back soon Amber." Abby says before looking at her brother. "Oh and you too Cayden."

Cayden rolls his eyes and I giggle.

"We will." I say before Cayden and I leave the house and walk towards his car.

"My family love you more than they do me." Cayden says.

"No they don't." I say as we get in the car.

"Oh really how many times have they asked for you to come back soon compared to me?" He looks at me and I can't help but smile.

"What can I say I'm just so lovable." I say.

"Can't disagree there." He says before starting the car and driving off.

~~~~~

"You've one last chance to tell me what to wear before I get changed." I say to Cayden after walking out of the bathroom from having a shower.