Chapter thirty-one

Amber

We finally get to Naomi's after a few very awkward hours. Cayden and Mikey are already here.

"Amber where've you been?" Naomi asks me once she notices I'm here.

"Giving you and Jordan some alone time."

"I text you like an hour ago to tell you to come here."

I look at my phone and notice Naomi's text.

"My phone must've been on silent." I tell her.

"How's lily?" She asks me, speaking a little quieter this time.

"She's a complete bitch, but don't tell Ryan because I think he really likes her."

"She's always been. But are you sure he does? I don't think he likes her that much."

"He's always talking about her, doesn't that kind of show he does like her a lot?"

Naomi shrugs. "I don't know, I think you just look for the best in him. I mean can you really see Ryan settling down?"

It's my turn to shrug. "People change."

"I guess."

Naomi and I chat about random stuff for another few minutes before we join with everyone else.

I don't really involve myself in the conversation, looking at my phone instead, but I can still feel Caydens stare on me while everybody else talks.

Eventually I zone into the conversation.

"I think two people in a relationship need to try. Not just one." Mikey says.

"I'm not saying both of them shouldn't I just think it's nice for one to be spoilt for awhile." Lily says.

I know that the relationship they are on about is a romantic one but I can't help my mind wander to mine and my moms.

I thought when she reached out it meant I was getting a family member back but apparently not.

I go to the kitchen where my laptop is and turn it on. I fidget while deciding whether or not to do what I'm thinking.

I've learned the hard way that if you go looking you usually find something you don't want to see or hear.

But what if this is different, she's my mom, we were so open with each other when we met. It felt like she'd never left and I was so happy to have her back. So anything I can do to try and keep her as my mom I will.

I log onto my Facebook, and type in my moms name and her maiden name, but I don't press search.

I just can't bring myself to do it.

I'm staring at my laptop screen a few minutes later when Cayden walks into the kitchen.

"Everything good?" He asks.

I nod my head. "Yeah."

"What you up to out here on your own?"

"Just have some stuff to do on my laptop."

Cayden nods his head.

"The apartment is quiet without you." He says, after turning his back to me and occupying himself with getting some drinks from the cupboards.

"I- what." I mumble back unsure of what to say.

"I don't expect you to come back or anything, I just feel like we haven't talked in ages."

"Oh."

"I forgot how lonely it was before you moved in."

"Cayden..."

"I know I shouldn't be saying this to you."

"Your right. You shouldn't be."

Cayden nods his head, but still doesn't face towards me.

"It's crazy to think how different right now would be if you didn't kiss her." I say after a minute silence.

Cayden stays quiet for a minute.

"I've imagined ever scenario possible." He turns to me. "You think we'll ever become friends again?"

I shrug. "I guess so."

"Just not yet, right?"

I nod my head, and so does Cayden.

I expect him to leave the room after that but he doesn't, instead he walks around the table and takes the seat next to me looking at my laptop.

"Your searching your mom up on Facebook?"

I nod my head. "I haven't been talking to her much."

"I thought things were going well."

"So did I."

"And your searching up her facebook because?"

"I just want to see if she's active, maybe get a look into her life. As bad as that sounds."

"It doesn't sound bad, she's your mom after all."

I smile at him.

"I don't know." I mumble but Cayden reaches over and presses into her Facebook profile. Her page is filled with posts from as close as yesterday, and once Cayden presses into it I can't help but snoop.

"Who's that?" I mumble before clicking into the post of a picture of my mom and another man.

After four years he's finally put a ring on it!!

"What? Wait she's engaged?"

Cayden closes the computer.

"I'm sorry Amb."

"She told me she left because he was angry at her, she left four years ago. What if she left for a man?" Tears start to fill my eyes. "She left me for a man."

Cayden puts his arm around me, pulling me to his chest, letting me cry.

"She left me to go through hell while she got with another man." I mumble.

Cayden soothes me and rubs my back.

Eventually when all the tears I can possibly cry are cried, I pull away from Caydens embrace.

"I can't believe her!" My sadness turns to anger. "She knew who she was leaving me with! A monster. But she chose her happiness over my safety! And then she lied to me about it."

"Maybe she didn't know how to bring it up."

"Why are you trying to take her side? You should be happy that this happened, it's what caused the fight that basically caused us to break up."

"Amber, don't be like that. I'm just saying what it could possibly be. I'm not taking sides. No matter what, what she done was wrong but if you don't think of other things then you won't even want to listen to her." Cayden says. "There's no way I would be happy about you getting hurt. And this isn't what caused us to break up, I done that all on my own."

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said."

Cayden smiles. "Don't apologise. Your upset and you have the right to be."

I smile back.

After a few minutes silence I asks him. "Do you think you can help me figure this out? Like what to do and all?"

Cayden smiles. "Of course I can."

——————chapter thirty-one——————

Sorry for the long wait!

What do you think?

Please vote and comment!!! Xxxxx