| eight |

"She made broken look beautiful
and strong look invincible.
She walked with the Universe
on her shoulders and made it
look like a pair of wings."- Ariana Dancu
------------------------------------------------- 

Meeting
eight>>Ebony

  They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world:

Someone to love.

Something to do.

And something to hope for.

I knocked on the front door.

I waited patiently until a lady opened the door.

"Oh, no, honey we're not buying anything," She held out her hand.

"I got this," A man ran to the door.

"Uh-I hope I have the right address," I smiled. "I'm Ebony Swayer. You called for an in-home physical therapist?"

"Yeah, that's right," He held out his hand for me to shake it. "Christopher Johnson, come on in."

"Nice to meet you," I spoke.

"Rose, baby this is the physical therapist I was speaking to you about." He walked me to her. "Please have a seat. This is Ms. Swayer."

"And I'm Ms.Clark, her mother," The older lady blurted out.

"How do you do?" I shook my head. "Mrs.Johnson?"

She didn't pay any attention to me.

"Look, Mrs.Johnson, I know after all you've been through...the last thing you want is to be talking to a complete stranger, so how about we get to know each-other?"

"I'm not looking for nobody to help me," She looked me up and down, rolling her eyes.

"Okay, well talking about how you're feeling emotionally can help me design a better plan to get you started with," I looked at her.

She started giggling into her hand, "Lord Jesus, where did ya'll find this lady?"

Rose looked around the room.

"How do I feel?" Rose asked. "Well, let me tell you how I feel. I feel like shit...that's how I fucking feel."

"Rose, you need to calm down," Her mother looked at her. "Let this woman do her job."

Her mother looked down at me, "You do know what you're doing right?"

"Yes, ma'am," I shook my head in agreement. "Mrs.Johnson I understand how you're feeling. How about I just come back tomorrow morning and see how you're feeling then? and maybe we can begin?"

"That's a great place to start," She pointed at me. "How about you never come back...what about that."

"Okay, no we are going to do this today," Ms.Clark spoke and leaned down to Rose. "You need to calm down right now. You stop acting like this now."

Rose started to cry.

"Just leave me alone okay," She held her face.

eight>>Chris

"Rose, why are you crying?" I held her shoulder.

"Just..." She pushed my hand away. "I just want to be alone."

"Come on now. Stop acting like that." Her mother spoke. "Don't you want to get better?"

"I just want everyone to leave me the fuck alone," She cried out. "Nobody is going to help me."

"I'll just come back tomorrow morning,"Ebony stood up. "It was really nice meeting all of you."

"Good-bye,"Rose held her face as she waved her hands.

"It was nice meeting you too," I walked her to the door. "I'm sorry about my wife she can be-"

"It's okay. I get that it's hard for her and she's going to need sometime to get through this and actually accept help," Ebony smiled. "Have a nice day."

"Same goes for you," I waved as I shut the door.

It's during the worst time of your life that you will get to see the true colors of the people who say they care for you.

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading my new story, please tell me what you think of it so far. Honest feedback would help a lot.

COMMENT | VOTE | SHARE

©_Legally_