Chapter 2 - PA

London,  November 4th 1986

Thump, thump, thump. That's all I could hear. Thump, thump, thump. Was it in my head or what? Then I felt the undeniable feeling of the headache flood into my brain. I listened carefully and all I could hear was the incredibly loud clock ticking which was on the other side of the room and the snoring of the huge lump of a dog lying on the floor.

As I started to wake up I licked my lips and sharp taste of vodka was still on them which made me want to throw up. "Urgh" I groaned as I started to wake up and realise what was wrong with me. I rubbed my head to try and get rid of my headache but it didn't work. The hangover had begun.

What the hell happened last night?

I turned onto my right side to see Kelly still clad in her clothes sleeping soundly next to me. I sat up slowly, the blood rushing to my head and making the room spin. Once my eyes were focused I looked at the clock on the wall. 8:27

"Shit." I yelled. I shook the sleeping body next to me to try and wake her up "Kelly wake the fuck up. I have a meeting in an hour!"

She groaned as she rolled over, her face was a mess, her make-up smeared all over her face and she had serious panda eyes. "What?" She managed to croak out as I finally managed to stumble out of bed.

"Get up" I threw her suitcase as her and with a few profanities threw my way she finally got up. Whilst she was in the bathroom getting ready, I quickly got changed in my bedroom. As I looked in my mirror I saw the unfamiliar yellow fabric hanging from my body.

"what the hell, I loved that Harley shirt" I whispered to myself as I inspected the fabric. I pulled it over my body and chucked it on the bed, grabbing my nice white work shirt from the wardrobe. Once I had finished buttoning it up and paired it with some black work trousers I looked at myself in the mirror, flattening out the creases that I didn't have time to iron.

As I was looking I noticed a faint black scribble under my work shirt on my chest. I took a closer look and noticed there was writing on my skin. I pulled the fabric down to reveal a message that was all backwards because I was reading in a mirror.

I grabbed my polaroid camera and took a quick shot of myself. After flapping it about for a minute or two I could finally see the writing,

Thanks for coming tonight,
You rocked the whole stage.
Good luck with your meeting
- Jon Bon Jovi

Holy shit. So that's what happened. I remembered getting on the stage and all, but I didn't realise it went this far. The shirt must have been his too. I started getting those signature butterflies in my stomach as I realised that all my dreams had come true that night and I can barely remember what happened.

I stared at that polaroid for so long, trying to see anything of the night before. All I know is that it was a bloody good concert. I couldn't show Kelly the writing on my chest because she would go mad with jealousy and probably not talk to me for a week. Also, I kinda want to keep it to myself that I met him. Afterall, when I found Kelly after the gig I told her that I just got escorted off the stage and he never even spoke to me because I knew how she would react.