Part 27

*****

Coming home Quinn noticed a few cars parked near her house. Thinking nothing of it Quinn walked in her friends not that far behind upon entering small hands wrapped around her leg. Looking down Quinn saw a smiley face stare up at her. "Maddie" Quinn returned the smile.

  "Who you running from little one?" Still smiling Quinn was surprised Layla and Maggie's kids remember her so well since they only met once at Lance's birthday. But the three seem to be attached to her as well.

  As soon as the words let her mouth the little girl started laughing "Lance!" Then ran away when she heard his voice calling after her. Lance not that far behind with sqribbles on his face.

  Shrugging her shoulders she and her friend entered the kitchen area where a few set of eyes looked at her and her friends. "Hi Quinn" Kaylee called sitting in her mother Layla's lap. She smiled in return her friends shifting not liking the attention placed on them.

  "Hey Quinn we were just talking about you." Jason who was sitting next to Ellie at the kitchen table. Quinn raised her brow at her brother. Wondering what she walked into. But hoping it will be quick.

  "Hey Quinn" Maggie called from the counter beside Layla while she examined her sons face. "It's pastel. They probably were in my room. It will wash right off." Quinn quickly added. Maggie smiled in thanks and nodded.

  "So kid it's like this we were discussing inviting you to a Christmas party that were throwing at my bar and we're wondering if you'd like to come." Layla called out letting Kaylee on her feet to go play with her siblings.

  Hearing the word party caught Justin's attention. "Party is that extended to her friends too?" Grinning ever the party boy. "Sorry kid was talking to Quinn but I guess." Layla responded. Feeling embarrassed for speaking Justin turned and started to mess with Leah.

  Quinn turned her expression to Wyatt. Everyone noticed but Jason which she was relieved about. Having not spoken to the blonde since that day at her house Quinn been feeling a little restless with the blonde.

  "I don't see why not." Was all the blonde said. Then turned her attention on her phone trying to seem busy. Quinn didn't know want to feel anymore for the blonde. "OK I guess but my friends come to cool." Quinn tried to sound cheerful but she was still questioning things between her and Wyatt.

******

  Few days before Christmas break Quinn caught up with Justin outside the school gates he was watching a few guys play basket at the court.

  "Hey Just" Quinn called to get his attention his eyes fixed firmly on the court. Quinn knew what Justin was going through and so did not pressure him. "What's been bugging you lately?" "Me nothing just things" "Hm" Quinn hummed not wanting to be obvious.

  She continued talking and noticed how he was to distracted to even pay her any attention. Laughing at this she patted his back and got up thinking maybe next time she could figure out who he was so fixated on.

*****

Side note

Sorry it's not long but I wanted to post something since it's been months. Plus the are new people getting into this so figure I'd might as well try to remember so of it.