Part 19

****

  "Quinn?" Wyatt whispered into the empty interior of her sisters car. She squinted trying to see through the rain that splashed her front window screen and the wipers that swished back and forth to clean it. There was a girl on the sidewalk a very familiar body. "It is shit! What's she doing in the rain?"

  Swiftly after checking for traffic Wyatt pulled the car up to the side walk slowing to a crawl. "Hey!" She called as she hit the button for the passenger side window. "Quinn?"

  The girl turned revealing the familiar tanned features of the teenager. The damp waves clung to her face droplets glistened in her long eyelashes and her clothes were just about soaked but sure enough it was Quinn Mars.

  The finely shaped eyebrow drew together. "Wyatt?"

  "Hey what are you doing out in this rain?"

  "I uhh..." She took a few hesitant steps toward the open window. "Jason's car broke down. I don't have my cell. And it's hard to hail a cab out in these parts especially with wheather like this.

  The blonde was leaning over the passenger seat in order to see the girl etched across her face. "Come on get in."

  "Are you sure?" Quinn asked. "I mean...

  "Get in." She told her straightening up in her seat and waiting expectantly. "I was headed to your house anyway. You where supposed to be out."

  "I was." Quinn remarked pulling the door closed and hitting the button for the window to go up again. "You just told me to get in."

  "Haha your hilarious." Wyatt rolled her eyes. She tugged at the seat belt suddenly feeling self conscious and settles the car back into normal speed. "I mean your brother told Ellie that you had.... I don't know a party or something? Why aren't you there?"

  "I was headed there." The dark green eyes gazed put the window unable to see anything but blurs. "I just had to make a stop first."

   "Where?" The blonde inquired. When she didn't get and answer straight away she turned her head slightly to look at the brunette. The teenager was shivering visibly her jaw trembling as she tried to prevent her teeth from chattering. Absurdly concerned she quickly turned up the heating full touching the hand on a jean clad thigh. "Jesus your freezing"

  "I.." The girl extracted her hand former under Wyatts warm one and rubbed her own two together. "I'm fine. Just a bit cold I was walking in the rain you know."

   Wyatt turned to look back at the road or as much as she could see anyway. "No your freezing. You must have been walking for a while."

  "Hmm..." The brunette nodded absently. "About forty five minutes."

  "What?!" Clearing her throat she shot her to  companion quickly. "Why where were you?"

  After a few beats Wyatt had given up hope that her student would answer. But was surprised by both the velvety voice and the answer itself.

  "Cemetery."

  "Cemetery." The blonde questioned. "You were at the cemetery in this?"

  "It's wasn't raining when I got there." Quinn muttered. "And yes I was."

  She was itching to ask but knew she shouldn't pry. What business was it of hers anyway she had made it very clear that she wanted nothing to do with the teen besides being her gym teacher. But in an uncharacteristic way that she had come to find that she always felt when she was with Quinn she wanted to know more. She wanted to ask questions and have them answered. Not merely as a way of picking up women at her friends bar or anywhere else for that matter. Wyatt Cassidy wanted to be able to talk to Quinn wanted to get to know her better. Not that she hadn't already learned a few things.