Stefan Salvatore - "We'll figure it out"

"Yes, what?" You opened the door and you stiffened when you saw Stefan. You had forgotten to call him. You had forgotten to let him know that there was no way you could go out with him tonight. You tensed all your muscles and your heart started to race in your chest. "I'm sorry..." You opened the door a little wider. "I have totally forgotten that we had a date tonight." You bit your lip and pressed your hand to your forehead.

"Hey..." Stefan wrapped his arms around your trembling body and he pressed you to his chest. "It's okay. It happens to the best of us." He kissed your forehead and he tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "I can wait until you get changed and ready. The reservation in the restaurant won't walk away."

"Stefan..." You shook your head and freed yourself from his embrace. You liked having his arms around you. You enjoyed having him kiss your forehead. You had really been looking forward to tonight's date. "I can't go on that date tonight." You shook your head and Stefan's eyes widened. "I have so many things to do and I don't even know where to get started and what to do first and even without this date I don't think I'll get everything done and..."

Stefan leaned towards you and he pressed his lips to yours. "What do you have to do?" He spoke softly and you took a deep breath.

Making a list of all the things you had to do had been the first of your problems. "I have a paper for school to finish, I have to prepare two presentations, I have to work three extra shifts this week because my colleague is on holiday and my mom asked me if I could do the grocery shopping for her, because she's not feeling so well." You took a deep breath. "Caroline needs my help to plan a surprise party for Elena's birthday in a few weeks and Bonnie told me that she needed to talk about something and I don't want to let her down." You started to talk faster and faster. "My room is a complete mess and I can't even sit at my desk, so I need to clean that one too and I think I have left my notes in my dorm, which is a few hour drive from here..." Your eyes started to water and you tensed all your muscles. "I'm never gonna be able to get everything done."

"Yes, you are." Stefan smiled at you and his hands slid around your waist. "Because we'll figure it out and I'm gonna help you." He nodded encouraging. "I'll use my vampire speed to clean your room so you can see your desk again and while you can go talk to Bonnie, I'll drive to your dorm to get those notes. Just like I can totally do the grocery shopping." He cocked his head slightly. "Does that sound like a good start?"

You nodded, even though you weren't completely convinced yet that you would manage to get all the other things done in the limited amount of time.

"You don't have to do this alone, okay? And that date in that restaurant, that can wait until next week when things have calmed down again."

"Thanks..." You leaned on the tips of your toes to kiss him.

"You're welcome."