Stefan Salvatore & Simon Lewis "Dear Diary"

You were shivering, despite the warm blanket that covered most of your body. You knew that he was out there somewhere. You knew that he was looking for you. You knew that a part of you wanted him to find you and another part of you was afraid of what would happen if he did.

Stefan wasn't himself. He was not the man you had fallen in love with. He was not the vampire living on animal blood and caring about all those innocent humans that were caught of guard by something they didn't even know existed. He was nothing but a blood addict, guided by his desperate longing for his next drop and his next drop and his next drop.

"Hey..." Simon leaned against the doorpost. His fangs were blinking in the moonlight. Despite his constant attempts to hide them he failed more often than he succeeded, especially when he was around you and let his guards down a little. "You okay there?" He crossed his arms over his chest and licked his lips.

"What do you think he's doing right now?" You looked up at your best friend. You had never missed a ball at the Lockwood mansion ever in your life before, but it seemed that once had to be the very first time. And maybe you wouldn't have felt this sad about it, if you had skipped the ball because you just didn't feel like going. Now you were simply not there because you were afraid to go there, because you were afraid to see Stefan, because you were afraid he would find you.

"Well, I don't know." Simon walked towards the edge of the bed and sat down. "I've never been to a Lockwood party before." He shrugged his shoulders and he curled his lips up into a slight smile. "Not that I care, because I don't really like the Lockwoods anyway." He raised his eyebrows. "I don't know what it is, but they kind of smell weird."

You couldn't help laughing a little and then you took a deep breath. "Most of the time it's quite boring actually, but this time is different." You stared at the moon, at the horizon, at the outside world you weren't a part of at the moment. "It's a masquerade ball. Stefan is wearing a tuxedo and a wonderful black mask and I would be all in white." You let out a sigh. "We'd be like night and day, like moon and sun, like bad and good."

"Well, it does sound kinda fitting, but I'm glad you're here now and not there." Simon shook his head. "I know better than anyone that not all vampires are dangerous, but trust me, Stefan is no good company at the moment." Simon widened his eyes. "I don't want you to be the next person in this town to lose their head." Simon grabbed your hand and squeezed it softly. "But Raphael and Damon will get him back, okay? I'm sure about that."

You nodded and opened the brown leather booklet resting on your knees. "I've never really written in a diary before..." You didn't wait until Simon could ask the question that he clearly wanted to ask. "But somehow..." You paused for a moment. "Somehow it feels good to imagine that Stefan is now sitting somewhere too, opening one of the many booklets he carries around and writing down that same sentence he has written down countless times already." You clicked your pen and started writing. "Dear diary..." You put the pencil between your lips. "Maybe one day he'll let me read what those days, weeks looked like for him."

"Maybe..." Simon nodded. "I'm fine with everything, as long as he doesn't have to write down that he killed his girlfriend." He locked his glance with yours. "I'll do everything I can to make sure that doesn't happen."