Stefan Salvatore - "No apologies, just shut up and kiss me."

You breathed in and out and counted to ten while doing so. You clenched your jaw and your fists, but then you straightened your back and walked straight towards the table in the corner, hidden in the shadows. "Stefan Salvatore." You spoke calmly, but firmly. You had your arms crossed over your chest and your lips were forming a straight line. "Since when are you having fun without me?"

He widened his eyes when he looked up at you. Blood was dripping down his chin and neck and the veins on his cheeks were pulsing vividly. "Leave me alone." He hissed between his teeth and he wanted to lean in again to finish what he had started.

You knew how that would end.

It would end with a head on the floor and a Stefan who would regret for the rest of his life that he had taken another life.

You've seen it before. You've dealt with it before. You've gotten him back before. "Come on, Stefan." You cocked your head and your sharp nails pierced the skin of his neck. "This is not you and you know it." You pushed the almost dead body in his arms away and pulled him across the compelled restaurant until the cold wind blew in your faces. "I'm not gonna listen to your whining for another year. This madness stops right here." You let his neck go and grabbed his chin to force him to look at you.

He was still there. He had not turned it off.

A relieved sigh escaped your lips. "A few days locked up in the basement and you'll be back to being the old and boring you." You curled your lips up into a smile. "Don't worry. I'll ask Damon to place a mattress on the floor this time." You raised your eyebrows. "You've only disappeared for three days. We've dealt with worse."

"I'm sorry..." Stefan's voice was barely a whisper and tears were burning in his eyes while he kept his glance locked with yours. "I'm so sorry...I didn't meant for this to happen, but..."

"No, we're not gonna do this again, Stefan." You shook your head. "Do you remember the night you turned me into a vampire?" You waited for him to nod. "We swore on that night we'd be friends till we die." You took a deep breath. "This is what friends do. They pull you back from the edge, time after time after time." You paused for a moment and leaned on the tips of your toes. "So, no apologies. Just shut up and kiss me." You spoke softly and you waited, you waited for Stefan to close the distance between you, you waited for him to kiss you.

"You're not just a friend, (Y/N)." Stefan wrapped his hands around your neck and his lips brushed yours. "You're my everything." He closed his eyes while your lips parted so your tongue could touch his.

"As long as you know that you will still be locked up in the basement." You whispered while your arms slid around his waist. "If you behave, I might keep you company."

"No, please don't." Stefan took a deep breath. "I need something to look forward to."