Advent Event - Stefan Salvatore

"Do you need a towel?" You crossed your arms over your chest while you noticed Stefan staring at the television screen with his eyes wide open and his mouth dropped.

"A towel?" Stefan furrowed his eyebrows and turned his face towards you. "Why would I need a towel?"

You walked towards him and sat down on the edge of his seat. "Because you're drooling all over the carpet? And I'm the one who'll have to clean it up afterwards." When your eyes saw the screen you let out a deep breath. "Not that I can blame you for drooling. She's beautiful." A soft sigh escaped your lips. "How can a woman ever compete to her?"

Stefan wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you closer towards him. "I've already said this many times, but I'll say it many more times if I have to." He grabbed your chin and forced you to look at him. "Just because she is beautiful doesn't mean you're not." He locked his glance with yours and waited until you nodded.

You always nodded. And you never truly believed him. How could you? For years the kids at school had told you how ugly you were and how stupid a guy would be to date you. Somehow you were still waiting for that moment that the hidden camera's would be revealed and someone would tell you that this was all just a joke, a prank, cheap entertainment the entire country would talk about.

"Do you really not see how beautiful you are?" Stefan stood up and pulled you with him towards the giant mirror in your bedroom. The laundry laid piled up on your bed and this morning no one had bothered to make the bed, but Stefan ignored the mess and placed you in front of your own reflection. "What do you see?" He placed his hands on your shoulders and stood behind you. He was slightly taller than you were and somehow it was hard to look at yourself when he was there behind you, a much more beautiful sight that you would ever be.

You cleared your throat. "I see a normal human girl." You cocked your head slightly. "With hair that never does what it's supposed to do and clothes that would look nice on top models but just don't fully work with me." You swallowed. "I'm not ugly and I know that." You paused for a moment and all of a sudden you were too aware of your arms, your legs, your posture, the way you stood. "But I'm not beautiful."

Stefan wrapped his arms firmly around you and your back touched his chest while he moved his lips to your ear. "Do you want to know what I see?" He didn't wait for your answer. He would tell you what he saw anyway. "I see an amazing young woman with eyes that are more telling than any book I've ever read." He lowered his lips and kissed the sensitive skin of your neck. "I see a brave warrior who's fought battles and won them."

You closed your eyes and leaned in while you drank in each and every word that came from his lips.

"I see the love of my life."

A smile spread across your face and you turned around to kiss him as firmly and passionately as you could. "Stefan Salvatore. There is no way I will ever deserve you."

Stefan shook his head. "It's the other way round." He leaned down and his mouth covered yours. "It's without a doubt the other way round."