one

Veronica was late for class again. It's not that she plans to be late on purpose, it just happens.

As she's running down the hall she feels hands grab her from behind pulling her into what seems like a closet. She's pushed up against the wall and the dark figure closes the door behind them. "What the hell?" As the figure gets closer to her, she then realises who it is. "Betty?"

Betty turns on the light and starts walking towards V so their faces were just inches apart. "Relax." Is all she lets out until she grabs Veronica's jawline closing the distance between them. Their lips move together in sync and Veronica can't help but moan at the feel of Betty's lips on hers, then it hits her. What the fuck were they doing?

V pushes the blonde girl back a bit and a frown appears on her face at the loss of contact. "Betty, what the?"

"Shit, i'm sorry V. I don't even know what's gotten into me."

The look on Betty's face was a mix of sadness and embarrassment. Veronica felt bad because, she hated seeing her best friend upset. Why had Betty kissed her though? A few moments of silence had passed and V got the answer she needed.

"Ronnie.. Do you remember when you kissed me at cheerleading tryouts?" Boy how could Veronica forget? She liked kissing her best friend, and to be honest she wanted to kiss her again. Veronica had developed a small crush on Betty ever since then but she just pushed it aside because it was nothing. V nods her head so Betty can continue. "Well I was thinking.. I miss having someone I can be with, as in someone who can touch me, kiss me. And I don't know maybe you wanted to be friends with benefits? You're my best friend and nothing could ever come between us, so that's why i'm asking you." V couldn't believe what she was hearing. Friends with benefits? She opens her mouth to say something but Betty interrupts her. "Oh god, sorry! This was such a bad idea, I don't know what I was thinking. I can't believe I just asked you that. You don't have to, I was just like-"

"Betty!" Veronica says grabbing Betty's hands so she calms down a little bit. The raven-haired girl examines her best friends facial expression so she knows she's not playing, and well she wasn't. After thinking about it, she speaks up. "Let's do it." The blonde's face lit up and giggled a little bit. V mentally slapped herself for using those choice of words and playfully hit B's arm. "Shut up Betty, you know what I meant."

"Oh of course I know what you meant." The girls laughed a bit more and then, the bell rings. "Sorry for making you miss class Ronnie."

"Trust me, you practically saved me from that class B." Veronica grabs her hand and walks them out. "Come to mine after school? We need to talk more about this later."

"We promised dinner with the boys tonight remember?" Betty says leaning in a bit. "I'll definitely come after though." She whispers sending shivers down Veronica's spine.

This was a bad idea, Veronica thought but whatever made Betty happy. What's the worse that can happen?

-

It was now dinner time and the four friends were all laughing at something Veronica said. Betty and V on one side of the booth, Archie and Jughead on the other.

"I can't believe you said that." Jughead says and they all start laughing even harder.

"Shut up Juggie." Veronica responds, still laughing her head off. She suddenly stops laughing when she feels something touch her leg. Betty's hand is running her fingers up and down her thigh. Veronica coughs and shifts in her seat making Betty smirk. She knows how this is effecting Veronica and she can't help but feel amused.

"So what are you girls up to after this?" Archie asks ignoring the fact it randomly went quiet.

Veronica is about to open her mouth to say something, but not trusting her own voice she keeps it shut.

Betty chuckles and answers for her. "I'm going back to Ronnie's tonight, watch netflix or something." She runs her fingers closer to the hem of Veronica's dress and she hears the smaller girl mutter something under her breath. "Speaking of, we should probably get going." She smiles loving the reaction her best friend is giving.

Veronica immediately stands up and the two boys exchange confused looks. "Well alright, we'll see you girls tomorrow." Jughead says.

Veronica waves a quick goodbye and heads straight out the door. Betty laughs and hugs the guys goodbye, following after Veronica.

"Betty what the fuck man." The raven-haired girl says crossing her arms as the blonde gets into the car.

"You're hot when you swear." She says playing with Veronica's hair. "Oh come on don't tell me you didn't love it." Betty says moving closer to Veronica's ear. "Don't tell me it didn't turn you on." She whispers.

Veronica doesn't respond, she did enjoy it. Maybe even a bit too much. She faces her head to Betty and they stay like that for a while, occasionally looking at each others lips and back to each others eyes. After a moment of silence Veronica pulls Betty's face closer to hers so they are millimetres apart. Betty closes her eyes expecting their lips to touch but pouts when she doesn't feel anything.

"Payback's a bitch." Is all Veronica says and then drives off to her house.

-

"Hey mom, Betty's sleeping over tonight!" V calls out dragging her best friend to her bedroom. Not caring what her mother's repsonse is, she closes her door and sits down on her bed, the blonde following. "Okay let's talk."

"About?" The blonde says innocently.

"Oh come on." Veronica says knowing the girl is messing with her.

"Okay, fine fine. Boundaries."

"Hit me." V says waiting for her friend to continue.

"If you ever feel uncomfortable with something, you have to tell me."

"Of course. Same goes B."

"Secondly, no telling anyone we're doing this especially not the guys. They make enough lesbian jokes about how close we are anyway."

"Noted."

"One more thing." Veronica watches Betty's face go serious and she's kind of scared of what the blonde will say next. "Don't go falling in love with me." Betty says laughing her head off but Veronica can't help but frown knowing she won't be able to stop herself.

V forces a laugh out "Oh don't worry, I think you're safe with that one."

No feelings. She thought to herself.