ONE: Friends?

Hey people! This is my first book. Thanks for reading my book, hope you like it. You're free to suggest ideas, criticize the bad parts and comment. Thank you again :)

     I was waiting in a queue. I tilted my head, only to see two  more people to go to reach the receptionist, I sighed.

     It was my first day after a two month heavenly vacation. I was really excited, but my face showed the opposite. Obviously, what else do you expect from a girl who didn't sleep after a tiresome birthday party and was directly sent to college?

     Yesterday, I came home at 8 in the evening from Caitlin's birthday. After being repeatedly persuaded by friends, I danced then played games. By the time I came home my legs felt as if they were numb.

     Without giving a word to anyone I bumped myself into my bed. But then shit happened, my phone started ringing and flashed the name 'EVA' and there was no way I was allowed to ignore it. Eva was my best friend since we were 5, she was my school friend, sadly not in my college now but we were always in touch.

     I picked her call. She was crying, her boyfriend from 2 years had cheated her yesterday. I always doubted him and told Eva once but she never paid heed. So, Eva kept wailing about how much she loved him and I kept convincing and assuring her that everything will be okay. It didn't help, so I went at her place.

     It took some 8 hours to make her smile. I glanced at the clock on Eva's study table it showed 5 a.m. Damn! I was fucked. I had to reach college at 7. I hugged her and she promised she won't sob anymore.

     I went back to my home, took a quick shower, packed my bag and came to college with Zaid, my brother.

     I tilted to see, one more person to reach the receptionist. I sighed, this time thinking about Eva.

     Weird how such a pure feeling called love ruin happy-go-lucky people, leaves you naked exposing your scars, showing off your wretchedness.

     "You okay?" Zaid inquired, placing his hand on my shoulder. Zaid was 5 years elder than me.

     "Ahaan. Last night, Eva happened and I couldn't sleep." I flashed a smile genuinely. Zaid sure was a caring brother.

     "I should have guessed that," he giggled. Zaid knew how Eva kept talking about anything and everything.

    "Name?" The receptionist asked.

     My head snapped up, it was my turn. "Aleeza Salian, second year." I described. I wondered how these ladies managed looking this pretty.

     "Third batch. Room no.'s 203," she declared, flashing a smile. I thanked her and turned to walk.

     "Hey! Wait. Need to tell you something," Zaid whispered. I nodded and walked out of the reception.

     "Hey! Baby girl," a voice chuckled. I recognized it. Light. I couldn't wait to hug him.

     "Aaargh! Don't crush me," he exclaimed. "I would have loved that hug if you weren't wearing your bra but not now." Light whispered in my hair.

     "I missed you, silly boy!" I almost shouted after punching his waist for that bra statement.

    "Oww. It hurts," Light pouted. "Oh! New perfume! Richie rich." Light teased, breaking the embrace and literally ignoring my 'miss you'.

    "Fuck you. You are late. Go, check your batch. I hope you are in my batch." I chirped, "I'm in third batch by the way."

     "I'm in third batch then," he said with a devilish smile.