SIX: Hidden

I rubbed my eyes checking the clock, 5:45 a.m. Zaid and Avhni had a quarrel again yesterday in the middle of the night, but I was too tired to get up so I used pillows over my ears as shield and went to sleep again.

"You argued again yesterday?" I whispered to Zaid when I reached the hall and our dining table, after brushing and shower. He nodded and motioned me to be quiet.

"He isn't listening to me Armaan! He has a Football career here." I heard Avhni's voice, that came from the kitchen.

'Armaan? That was my Dad's name too,' I thought. Zaid suddenly jolted, he ran towards the kitchen.

After a while both came out. "What's wrong?" I asked Zaid.

"Nothing baby, he came to turn the gas off, he thought I burned something accidentally," Avhni covered up for him. Zaid nodded in agreement.

"Okay," I whispered, I hung my head down, I knew it was a lie. Zaid never cared about these things. Running to turn off the gas was purely unlike him.

Plus I didn't smell anything, while I am always the first one to notice that something's left on the gas. They were lying. But, it wasn't like I could do anything to change that.

"What's wrong? You don't seem alright since yesterday," Zaid asked while sitting in our car.

"Nothing at all," I replied coldly.

"So, your 'nothing' has a different definition? I think it means 'everything' in your vocabulary, am I correct?" Zaid joked.

"You are wrong," I muttered.

"And 'wrong' means 'right'? Is it?" He continued.

"Chuck already!" I answered, a little frustrated. I couldn't ask him about their weird behavior, he will start acting cold like yesterday. "I'll go home with Light today," I ended.

"Hey! I had plans! I thought you and me could go to-"

"Cancel those plans then," I muttered before he even completed.

"Don't you want to go to 'Mad over Donuts'?" Zaid almost teased.

I loved that place, but I couldn't let my guard down. I wasn't going to talk to him until I got to know the truth. "No," I answered. We had reached our college.

"Seriously?! You got to be kidding! It isn't everyday that I treat you," he complained. He had stopped the car.

"Bye. I'm going with Light," I ended, quickly got out of the car before he could make his trick.

 I'm going with Light," I ended, quickly got out of the car before he could make his trick

The day was tiring. We decided to meet at 3 today in my house. I had given everyone my address.

"Light could you please drop me home?" I asked. He nodded.