SEVEN: Tickles?

"Leez, your friend's here, Imtiyaaz." Avhni informed as soon as she opened the door. Imtiyaaz? I checked my watch it was only 2:15, why was he here so early? I wondered. "I told him to sit in your room," Avhni informed.

    "Okay Mom. By the way, my friends are coming at 3. Cook something for them, maybe?" I asked and went in without hearing the answer.

    "I'm already done. Imtiyaaz told me about it as soon as he came," she shouted back.

     Walking the verandah, I entered my room. Imtiyaaz was gazing out of my window, he turned as he heard my footsteps.

    "Hey. I'm sorry," Imtiyaaz started, "Actually Brice said me we were meeting at 2. I wasn't with you people when you were discussing the meeting today. After I reached here she texted that it's 3 and not 2. I was going to go back but then your Mom said it was okay so..." Imtiyaaz was finding words as he put his hand in his hair.

     "It's okay! It's okay! It isn't a problem" I giggled. He at last let his tensed face normal and gave a small smile, almost 'not smiling' smile.

    Suddenly, his phone started ringing, he checked the name then muted the ringtone. It rang again, he did the same.

     It was weird, I wanted to ask him why wasn't he talking to the person but then we weren't that close as friends, so I sat there quietly. The phone again started ringing.

    "Give me a minute," Imtiyaaz said before picking the call. He tried to go in the farthest corner of the room.

     "Don't you get it? If I don't pick the call once that means I am busy?" Imtiyaaz whispered in the phone, but his voice stern and angry.

     "Didn't I say you, I don't want to be with you!" He wanted to scream, I could see that, but he was controlling.

     "Oh yeah? Why am I even arguing? Don't call again, I'm busy," his voice was harsh, he ended the call, then looked towards me. I smiled, not knowing how to react.

    "I'll be back in 5. Make yourself at home. You can check my bookshelf if you are bored," saying this I walked out of my room.

    Taking 4 cupcakes my mom had made, I hurried upstairs.

    Imtiyaaz was reading a book, I soon noticed it was my poetry book. I haven't actually been ditched yet but I have often heard stories about how people get hurt in love. I liked writing poetries about them.

     "Hey! Don't read them!" I quickly ran, trying to snatch my book from his hand.

    He was quicker than I thought with one swift move he dodged me and continue to read. "I'm on seventh poem. You write 'well'," he complimented.

     Now, I was all over him trying to take my book while he was stopping me with a single hand, his other hand held the book and his eyes reading my poetries. Damn! This stick has strength too, I thought.

    "What's 'well'? Don't read my book if you are only going to criticize!" I groaned, still struggling to take my book, but failing again and again.

     "Take," Imtiyaaz said tossing the book, "if you can!" He added. I struggled and with a big monkey jump, I caught it just as it was about to touch the ground.

    By then, I was in the kneeling position. I stayed like that for some seconds glad that I didn't fracture by knees after that weird jump and my book was at last safe in my hands. I let out a 'phew'.

     "Woa. Your baby pictures are sooo cute," Imtiyaaz rejoiced. What the fuck! That book had my naked pictures too! I mean baby nudes. No! No! No!!!