sleepover

Nicholas sighed deeply as he watched the credits roll signaling that the movie was over. If you were to ask him how the movie played out he wouldn't be in the position to tell you, he wasn't paying attention. His mind was elsewhere.

He pick up his untouched dinner from the coffee table and slowly made his way to the kitchen.

It was 9:30pm and he has yet to receive a phone call from Emma. Everyday she called him at least twice but she failed to do so today, what was going on? He was fighting the urge to call her himself because he didn't want his daughter to know that her father was miserable without her. He wanted her to enjoy her time down there and possibly be more social, he knew that would be a very hard task for her but was it wrong to hope? If she knew how he moped around the house everyday she would be hurt and blame herself for his misery, he couldn't have that. But how was he supposed to manage without her for such a long time? It seemed impossible. His job and his mother were the only reasons why he would leave the house. He needed to pay his bills and keep his mother company. Jake would visit Nick from time to time to see how he was holding up, he would even stop by with groceries to make sure his best friend's father was feeding himself. He knew it was pathetic of him to have his life dedicated to his only child but he knew of nothing else. After he realized that his wife was having an affair he made it his duty to assure his daughter happiness even if it meant he had none himself.

The affair hadn't come as a surprise. He noticed how Monica would treat Emma as a mistake, as if she was an unplanned useless thing that served no purpose in her life. He was almost sure that if it was possible Monica would wish her own daughter away. He was willing to be in an unhappy marriage until his wife was ready to leave but one thing he wouldn't have was a depressed daughter. It was his daughters unhappiness that finally lead Nick to confront his wife on her affair. One thing lead to another then the next until finally they agreed to go their separate ways and that Emma would stay with her father. After that everything was great, Emma was happy and so was Nicholas. They were both happy up until now.

Nicholas placed a plastic cover onto his untouched meal and placed it in the refrigerator. He then took a glass and filled it with water to bring it upstairs with him. He made sure all the windows were shut before turning off all the lights to head upstairs. He placed his glass on the night stand then checked his phone for any sign of Emma, disappointment took over him at what found. He connected the phone into his charger and made sure his volume was turned all the way up, that way if Emma were to contact him durning his slumber he would be sure to hear it. With that Nicholas crawled into bed and rested his head against the plush pillow. He thought about how he would be reunited with his angel in a months time for his Ex wifes wedding. He didn't want to attend the event but he did need to see his daughter, and lucky for him his mother and Jake would be joining him. A small smile creeped on Nicholas face as his eye lids grew heavy, with that darkness took over him.

Emma's POV*

"Great job everyone! Same time next week and ladies please bring your high heels that way we are able to pair everyone up according to height" Elizabeth said getting everyones aattention, she was the wedding planner.

I was beyond tired and though I had Tom's on, my feet still ached. My mother woke me up early for dress fittings with Olivia, later we went to check on the flowers my mother selected for her big day. Straight from the flower shop we went to the wedding rehearsal. I wanted nothing more then to go back to the mansion and take a long hot shower fit for a king. Luckily for me this day was finally over and soon enough I would be in bed.