Olivia

I watched my mother as she stood in front of the long mirror, a dress hugged her frame leaving her back exposed. She looked good in the dress but I couldn't help but notice that it made her look a bit fat, I wasn't going to be the one to tell her though, I'm sure the lady assisting her had that under control. I sat on one of the plush red couches with my new book in my lap. My mother and I were doing some shopping for another dinner party tonight, though this time it was a wedding event which met a ton of people in one area that I had to meet. I wasn't looking forward to it, not at all.
I already had my dress picked, I got it last week when Mr.Bax gave me a credit card in my name. I wasn't going to take it, in fact I slipped it under the door of his office door but he returned and said I was being rude. I wasn't planning to use it but I had the wedding events coming up and none of the dresses I had fit the occasion.

"I'm not so sure about this one" my mother said looking at herself from side to side through the long mirror.

"The color is just what I'm looking for but I'm not so sure about the shape" she added soon after.

"We have other selections in that color of peach, I'd be glad to let you look at them" the woman assisting my mother said. With that they dissappeared in the back dressing room leaving me alone. I let out a long sigh wondering how long I'd be here. It was to my understanding that my mother had to shop for jewelry, shoes and get her nails and hair done, this was going to be a very long day.

I stood from my seat to stretch my legs. I picked up my book and held it in my hands along with my phone while I decided to walk around, I ended up by the large window that over looked the city. I leaned against it to get a better view, it was then my phone broke out into a coldplay tune. Someone was calling me. I looked to see who it was but the number was unfamiliar, I tapped the red button denying the call only to have it ring again and again. By the 3rd time I pressed the green button then held the phone to my ear to see who it might be.

"Hello?"

"I don't like being ignored so I think it's best for the both of us if you didn't do it again" the oxygen got caught in my throat when I realized who It was, the strong dominate voice was to familiar for me not to recognize it.

"I-I, I'm" once again I found myself uncapable to form a complete sentence.

"Understand?" Michael  roared impatiently.

"Yes" I was quick to reply.

"Good, now are you still with your mother?" He asked me. How did he get my number?

"Yes"

"Speak up Emma!"

"Yes, I am" I said a bit louder so he could hear me.

"Tell her that you're leaving with me in 10 minutes, I'm on my way to pick you up"

"Pick me up?" I asked confused.

"Are you hard of hearing Emma? Must I repeat everything?" Michael sounded annoyed which confused me because I haven't even said much yet, was he just that impatient?

"No but where are we going?" I asked hoping he would answer me truthfully.

"To make sure the dress the designer made for the wedding is the correct size" Michael said.

"Now go inform your mother, I'll be there in a few, do don't leave me waiting" he added soon after. Before I could say another word the line went dead.

I was supposed to go dress fitting with Michael? Wasn't that something I was supposed to do with my mother? It didn't make a huge difference because my mother wasn't much like a mother anyways but I still liked the idea of doing something like that with her. I didn't want to go, at least not with a man who didn't like me. Even though he hasn't told me that directly I could still tell. I walked back to the spot where I left my mother to tell her I was going, I found her standing in the mirror once again looking at her reflection.