Chapter 34

Alexis's POV

     I woke up to Scott shouting my name, and I realized that I was on the ground. Two pairs of hands helped me up, and it took me a few seconds to figure out that Liam and Scott were holding me up.
     "I'm okay," I mumbled once I could stand on my own. "We should probably get back home."
     "I'll drive you and Stiles home. Liam, can you get the others?" Scott asked.
     "Yeah, of course," Liam replied quickly. Scott then helped me into the passenger's seat of the car.
     The next thirty minutes was a complete blur. I know that Scott drove me and Stiles home, but I couldn't remember any specifics. In my defense, shock is a hell of a drug.
     Once we made it safely home, Stiles started to wake up. He was still pretty out of it though, so Scott and I had to help him inside. I unlocked the front door with shaking hands and moved out of the way so the rest pack could go inside. I then shut and locked the door behind me. By the time I was inside, Stiles was already on the couch, and the rest of the pack had gone into Stiles's room to talk about what we should do next. I should've been in there too, but my number one priority was Stiles. Stiles mumbled something in gibberish when I sat by his side and held his hand. He turned over towards me, but he turned a little too far and almost rolled off the couch. I had to push him back so he didn't hit the ground.
     "Alex?" he groaned. His voice sounded like gravel.
     "Yeah?" I replied almost instantly.
     "Are you okay?" Stiles asked. I chuckled.
     "Yes, I'm fine," I smiled, "But you're obviously not to shut up and get some sleep, okay?"
     "M'kay," he said. I brushed some of the hair from his face and kissed him on the forehead. For once, I was okay. I was genuinely okay. It was in that moment that I knew everything would be okay.

ONE YEAR LATER

     As Stiles moved his tassel to the other side of his cap, the crowd applauded. He had his usual goofy grin on his face which made me smile despite my eyes welling up with tears. Dad, on the other hand, couldn't contain his tears. Even though tears poured from his eyes, he was smiling. His expression reminded me of when he signed my adoption papers, legally making him my father and Stiles my brother. I reached over to him and took his hand in mine.
     "Are you going to cry this much when I graduate?" I joked. He just laughed and nodded.
     After all of the names had been called, Dad and I left our seats and went into the grassy area where most parents were talking pictures of their kids. I looked around and saw a few familiar faces. It was a bittersweet day for everyone. No one seemed to want to leave high school, but at the same time, they were ready to get out.
     A breeze blew my hair across my face, and I quickly tucked it behind my ear. The breeze felt nice against my bare arms. I looked down at them, barely noticing the faint lines across them. The only way someone could see them was if they were looking for them. Another breeze cut through my hair, blowing it all around my face, so I turned away from the direction of the wind.
     A dark green sweatshirt caught my eye. It was the same one that Isaac once had. I was too far from him to yell his name, so I told my dad that I would be back in a second and left. The crowd dramatically thickened as more and more people left the auditorium, and I was having a hard time keeping the sweatshirt in my vision.
     I was suddenly only a few feet away from him and was about to call his name when he turned around. My heart sank. It wasn't him. Memories of me waiting for hours on end for him to come home flooded my mind. I remembered all of the letters I sent to places where he could potentially be and never getting a response.
     There was no way I was going to cry about that now. I took a few deep breaths and spun around. Just as I started walking back toward my dad, I collided with someone.
     "Oh, sorry, I didn't see you there," I said. My eyes gravitated to the face of who I ran into.
     "Long time, no see, kid," he chuckled. I put my hand up to my mouth as fresh tears dripped onto my cheek.
     "Isaac!" I cried as I jumped into his arms. "I've missed you so much!"
     "I missed you too, Alex," he replied. More tears flooded my vision. I hadn't heard him say my name in over a year. "C'mon. Your new dad's probably getting worried."
     "How did you-"
     "Do you honestly think I wouldn't keep an eye on you while I was gone?" he smiled. I just hugged him tighter. "Yeah, I love you too," he told me. "Now, let's go." I nodded in agreement and started walking back to where Dad was, still in disbelief that my brother came back. I looked up at him and realized that even though Stiles was going off to college, I would still have a big brother to help me out. Everything was perfect, and it can only get better from here. All I knew was that I may not know what's going to happen next, but I'll be ready for it.

The end.