two

LYLA CHEWED ON her bottom lip as she attempted to finish the last question on her history exam

LYLA CHEWED ON her bottom lip as she attempted to finish the last question on her history exam. She was obviously flustered by the visible redness of her face, feeling underprepared as she forgot to review for her exam when Liam dropped her off at home.

After the almost car accident yesterday afternoon, Lyla retreated into her room to decompress with a well-deserved bubble bath and her favorite box of cookies. She had Netflix play one of her favorite series on her laptop while she relaxed, letting the stress of the day vanish into nothing.

But it led to forgetting her exam the next morning. Again, she had another grudge to hold against her best friend.

Once Lyla finished, she handed her exam to her teacher before returning to her seat to wait for the bell. She prayed to the Moon Goddess that she passed her exam, knowing far too well she needed the class to graduate in the upcoming spring.

She was nowhere near dumb, quite intelligent actually as she was in the top five percent tile of her class. But it came from endless nights of studying and completing all of her assignments on time. Venus almost made her start a business by writing papers for other students to make extra cash, but that was the least of her worries.

Being one of the smartest students in her grade gave her a sense of pride, something she could hold over the other werewolves by being better than them at something. Yes, grades weren't that important in the werewolf world as long as they had a good sense of morals and knew how to fight. But it was the thought that counts.

Finally, the bell had rung, signaling the end of class as she quickly gathered her things to bring to her locker, then retreat to the lunchroom to eat. It was almost noon, and classes began at eight thirty, so it was quite obvious she was hungry by the growl that came from her stomach.

When she arrived at her locker, Liam was already there unlocking it for her with a witty grin plastered on his face. He held it open for her as she placed her books and bag in, instead of grabbing her phone and wallet before they began their walk to the cafeteria.

"Pass or fail?" Liam asked as he held the door open for her as they entered the cafeteria. If there was one thing Lyla liked the most about Liam, it was his gentlemen like tendencies. Something many of the pubescent teens lacked in their school.

"I mean, I passed, but I doubt I did well. It's your fault you know." Lyla proclaimed as they got on the lunch line to pick up their food for the afternoon. She opted for the chicken Caesar wrap as Liam went for the steak and potatoes, with an extra side of potatoes. Lyla grimaced at Liam teasingly as he rolled his eyes before paying for both of their meals.

"I apologized a thousand times, Ly. I was just; I don't know my wolf took over." Liam shrugged as they sat at their usual table.

Many people in their school questioned their relationship as the majority assumed they were dating. It wasn't uncommon to date someone who isn't your mate, but Lyla stuck it to Liam that he would wait for his mate and not taint himself beforehand.