forty

P

P.S. Goal: 21 Comments & 21 Votes

"You did amazing!" Liam cheered along with Daeva who scooped up Lyla in their arms as soon as they were behind the palace walls.

A modest smile was present on Lyla's face as she accepted their embrace, adrenaline leaving her system as she was no longer on the stage in front of the people of Astoria, but once again hidden with the ones she loved most. Her words rang in her mind over and over again, a speech she didn't plan on making engraving itself in her mind as Lyla left herself bewildered.

An unexpected event turned decent left Lyla in a good mood, but nonetheless, her heart was still aching over Romulus who had disappeared into the palace. Without words of congratulations or praise for her bravery to speak to the people he left without a word. It shattered her into pieces, but she kept her façade alive in front of Liam and Daeva whom kept reminding her of her astounding words.

"No one fought you after what you said, Lyla. They all heard you and they didn't deny you of your place on the throne. That is such big accomplishment!" Daeva explained with a wide grin on her face.

"It's not over yet, though. I still need to sit on it before someone comes after me." Lyla joked lightly but to her it wasn't one at all.

Liam rolled his eyes. "Oh don't get your little knickers in a twist, Ly. No one will come between you and that throne. Not even the Moon Goddess herself will stop you."

"It's not her I'm worried about..." Lyla trailed off as her eyes directly themselves to the hallway that led to Romulus' office where he was most likely hidden in his own madness.

Lyla sighed in defeat as she let her emotions slowly bubble to the surface, both Liam and Daeva quickly taking notice as they felt the pain of their future Luna. Liam knew why Lyla was so upset, her emotions deriving from her less than present mate who spared her no extra glance. Things didn't add up to Liam nor Lyla as he watched her heart ache and yearn to be with him.

So far yet only a good few yards away, he felt further away than ever to Lyla who couldn't muster up the strength to go find him. Nothing was making sense as a once extremely affectionate Romulus was barely even present. He didn't even notice she had disappeared for the day, especially when he made the meeting with the island that was designed for her. He had no idea.

"You should talk to him." Daeva suggested just how Lyla's parents had hours prior.

Lyla shrugged. "I don't know. I don't want to disturb him. I just feel like a bother...a pain in the ass that can't even break a limb to save my life."

"You stabbed an Alpha, Lyla. You're not exactly weak." Liam laughed as he had his arm around Daeva. "You're insecure because he isn't giving you stability. Don't let that stray you away from who you are and who you are meant to be. Tell him. There is no better time than the present."