Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Where were you?" My mom asked when I came back to the fitting room. I sighed, "I went to go get a drink of water but then I bumped into someone I know. I'm sorry it took so long. Did you find a dress?"

She shook her head, "No, we'll go dress shopping again tomorrow."

As I was about to answer, her phone rang and she gave me the 'give me a minute' hand sign. She answered the phone and I went over to Rose who was touching all the dresses her small hands could get a hold of.

"Come here baby, I don't think the workers here would appreciate that." I picked her up from the floor and followed my mom out of the store.

We made our way to the car and I put Rose in the back seat. I then went to the front seat and my mom sat next to me.

"Are you sure Jeff? This all seems too sudden... And just before a wedding?" I heard my mom question. What could she possibly be talking about?

My mom bit her lip, "Alright, if you say so."

I was so confused as to what she was talking about but she would clarify my doubts once she got off the phone. She exchanged a few more words with Jeff and seconds later she was off the phone.

"What was that about?" I asked and she looked at me with twinkly eyes.

"Jeff wants to take us all to Disney land," she informed me and my eyes widened. I hadn't been there since I was about 10. It's been 6 years.

"Since your birthday is next month, he thought maybe it'd be fun to celebrate it there," she explained and my eyes beamed. I was looking forward to it already. That would be really fun.

"Jack insisted on bringing his friend over so Jeff said that you could bring a friend too," she explained and I shook my head, "No, it's fine."

I already knew Jack was bringing the other Jack and I didn't even know how to react to that.

"What's going on?" Rose asked from the back and I looked at her, "We're going to Disney!" Her eyes widened in pure excitement, "Really?" I nodded and she beamed with happiness. She had never been to Disney before.

"Are we going to the one that's an hour away from here?" I asked. I knew there was one in Florida. I had never been to that one before.

She shook her head, "He wants to fly and go to the one in Florida."

My eyes widened, "We could never afford plane tickets, plus attraction tickets. That's a lot."

"Jeff wants to treat us."

I shook my head, "No, mom. We can't possibly let him do that. That's way too much money. Do you realize how expensive that is? We can't accept that offer. We could go to the one here and it won't be as expensive and we could buy it ourselves. No, no. We can't."

I always felt like I was the most responsible one in the family. I always thought about the welfare of everyone. I just didn't think it would be fair for Jeff to pay for everything. That would come out to be too much. I couldn't possibly expect him to pay for it all. It would be taking advantage of him. I couldn't do that.

"It's already decided Faith. He's already started looking into the tickets. We leave in three weeks."

I groaned, "Mom that won't be fair for Jeff to pay for all of that."

"He has the money Faith. It's for you birthday. Loosen up," she teased with a smile and I sighed. This was all for me. That didn't make me feel better. Only worse.

"Whatever whatever. Lets just go home," I pleaded and she shook her head, starting the car.

-

We arrived home and I checked my phone.

"I heard we're going to Disney."

It was Jack G.

"Yeah"

I was always so bland.

"Are you excited? It's for your birthday and all (:"

"Yeah, not really. I feel bad Jeff has to pay for it all"

I walked up to my room and laid down on the bed, waiting for a reply.

"He has tons of money, Faith. Don't worry about it. Jack J, him, and I went to Hawaii last year. He loves doing these trips every summer"

This made me feel slightly better. My birthday was just an excuse for the trip. He would have done it regardless.

"Oh, I didn't know that. Well, I guess that's better"

"What do you want?"

"For what?"

"Your birthday"

"Nothing, this trip is enough"

"I'll get an answer out of you. Just watch (;"

I rolled my eyes and texted him, "Yeah, ok. Whatever."

I was extremely excited for this trip. This was the adventure I was looking for all this time.

Three weeks couldn't go by any slower.