Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I awoke with my legs sprawled over Jacks legs and my head was almost hanging off the bed. How I ended up in that position, the world may never know. Not even Mr. Owl, the one from the tootsie pop commercial.

Embarrassed, I gently removed my legs away from Jacks, then placed my head on the pillow like a normal person. Jack was sleeping upright with his hands clasped together and his head was facing up. I couldn't decipher what emotion was on his face while he slept but he just looked at peace. My eyes lowered to his lips. My mind couldn't control itself from wanting to press them against mine but that would be one, gross because I haven't brushed my teeth, and two, really embarrassing if he woke up because of that. Does he even want me to kiss him? That's the real question. All the times the opportunity arose he didn't seem to fully take action quick enough. Maybe because he doesn't want to kiss me. I wouldn't be surprised. Why would he want to do that? Oh I don't know Faith, maybe because he likes you? Great now I'm arguing with myself about Jacks feelings. That's what its come to.

His eyes opened slightly and his head titled. Our eyes met and he quickly smiled. My stomach nearly died because of the overflow of those pesky butterflies.

"Good morning," his raspy voice greeted me while his arms crept around my waist to pull me towards him. My head rested against his chest as I replied, "Good morning." If someone were to ask me what perfection was, I don't think I'd answer with this moment specifically. But moments like this. For example, the moment when he asked me to let him be my prince, or when he kisses my forehead. Even when we went sort of skinny dipping. All those moments are sheer perfection to me. That's how I would describe it. I wouldn't ask for anything else if I could have little moments like this every so often.

Jack

What is this girl doing to me? I've never snuck out at three in the morning to throw pebbles at a girls window. She's brought out a side of me that I didn't even know I had. That's not a bad thing. That's not a bad thing at all. She makes me want to be a better person. Is that what love is? No. I don't love Faith. Do I? Not yet anyway. I barely know her. But yet here we are in each others arms. Are guys supposed to get butterflies? Because I have them right now and... I'm a guy. She makes me insane.

I stare at her eyes and I'm at peace. Even though they're not blue, green, or even hazel, they still shine as bright as the stars. Actually, the stars don't even compare to how beautiful her eyes are to me. She glows even on a rainy day. I stop myself. My thoughts have never been this... Philosophical, I believe the word is.

"You need to go before my mom wakes up," she says softly, almost as if not wanting to be heard. "I don't want you to but-" I stop her, "It's okay. I understand."

I wouldn't want her to get in trouble with her mom. We could possibly see each other again today.

I have a plan ready for her. It's been going on for a while now. I want it to be perfect. It will be or else I won't let myself forget it. It's not happening today. I'm not even sure if it's going to be soon. I just really want to get it right. It will be when she least expects it.

-

Boooooo. -Thumbs down- Sorry it's so incredibly short. It's just a filler to let you know there's a surprise coming up in the mix.

What do you think Jack's surprise for Faith is? (;