Chapter seven: Search

Pov will change every so often. I'll make sure to state which one is which.

Kuza

Kuza growled as he hit fist against the marble counter top. He shattered the stone and wood, glaring at Ricky. Chris was standing between them, both demons eyes red.

"You know better than to go outside!" Kuza yelled. Ricky flinched, hiding his face in Chris's back.

"I jus wanted a fwiend!" Ricky cried. "You hates me!"

"I don't hate you." Kuza snapped. "I'm angry with you because you let him outside!"

"Don't yell at him!" Chris growled, stepping towards Kuza. "Why is Ryan so important anyway?! You can find another one! You always fucking do!"

"He's... He's important to hell." Kuza grumbled, suddenly growing quiet.

"What do you mean important?"

"What's different between Ryan and every other breed?"

"I don't... No scars." Chris whispered.

"I knew what he was when I found him. He grew too close to me too quickly. He's not abnormal breed. I don't even think he was human. I went through his mother's memories. They're... scary."

"Scary? You're never scared of shit." Chris laughed. "What the fuck was it that scared you?"

"Lucifer is supposed to be dead. What is he's not and he made a deal? Intercepted another demon's deal and... Gave the woman what she wanted but not the right way."

"Kuza please stop being stupid and just fucking tell me what's wrong."

"Ryan wasn't always cute and perfect. He didn't go to school for a reason. He was ugly and grotesque and looked like the devil. It went away after a few weeks but that's only because his mother was refusing to touch him when she brought him home." Kuza sighed. "It's why she drank and hurt him. I thought I could have Ryan as our little pet. He wouldn't be a nuisance and try to take over hell. That's probably why Luci did it. To get his thrown back."

"He wouldn't. He can't. He's dead, the fallen killed him. There's no reason to think otherwise."

"Yes there is! They never showed us the body. All they did was tell us that he was dead. There was no confirmation besides them telling us. I can't trust something that used to be an angel." Kuza growled. He turned on his heel, grabbing his long coat. "I'm going to find him before he ends up somewhere dangerous. If he is what I think he is then my hold on him will wear off and his powers will come to life. And then literally all hell will be loose."