Chapter eight: Train

Ryan:

Ryan closed his eyes as a train pulled up. He was wearing a black button up and black skinny jeans. He slowly walked onto the train, handing a ticket to the man in a suit. He quickly shuffled to a seat, holding a small bag on his lap. It had food and an extra outfit. He closed his eyes, leaning his head back.

"May I sit here?" Ryan quickly opened his eyes, blushing at the sigh of someone's cleavage in his face.

"S-Sure." He stuttered.

"Thank you." The woman chirped. She had black fluffy hair, her lips a deep purple. Ryan bit his lip as he played with his fingers. "Where are you going?"

"I'm not sure."

"You got on a train not knowing your destination. Odd."

"Not really. My friend Angelo told me when to get off."

"Angelo? The seer?"

"Yeah? Why do you sound so surprised?"

"Oh honey he's sending you to Ashley. She'll beat your ass just like she did Vinny's. Come with me. I'll help you out."

"I'm not supposed to."

"You're grown up. Don't let someone else tell you what to do." The woman sighed. "Do you want to go to Ashley?"

"N-Not really."

"Come with me then. We'll have a lot of fun." The woman giggled. Ryan smiled at her, his blush darkening.

*whoosh*

Ryan jerked awake as the train stopped. He frowned as reached a hand to touch what was under his head. "Don't touch those." Ryan quickly looked up, his eyes wide. "Ask before touching Ryan."

"How do you know my name?"

"You talk in your sleep. My name's Devin by the way."

Ryan quickly pushed himself up, wiping his cheek that had dried drool on it. He quickly followed Devin as she left the train. He stayed close to her, eventually grabbing her hand out of fear of getting lost.

"This is in another realm. This is the capital city. It's called City of Light because of all the well light. Um, what else? I don't live here. A friend of mine does with his girlfriend of course. Oh! I can change my appearance. I'll show you later. It's basically just me shifting genders. No biggy." Devin shrugged as she dragged Ryan through the streets. Ryan struggled to keep up, looking at the ground as all the people looked at them.

"Why are they staring at us?"

"You're wearing black. It's a taboo color here." Devin shrugged. "I'll fix you up with some nice clothes. Don't worry."

Ryan frowned as they walked into an apartment building. Devin dragged him upstairs to a room, quickly knocking on a door before walking in. He pushed Ryan onto a couch, leaving him alone. Ryan wasn't sure what to do in the brightly lit apartment. He played with his fingers, sitting his bag at his feet.

"He's a breed?!"

Ryan frowned at the sudden scream. He slowly stood up, following the sound of hushed arguing. He stood in the doorway to an office, his eyes wide as he watched Devin argue with a short man and woman.

"He's not a breed. He's something else. I smelt it." The woman stated. "Whatever he is can't stay here." Her grey hair shimmered with every movement. Her head snapped in Ryan's direction, glaring at him. "Get out. You'll bring nothing but destruction to my home." Ryan bit his lip, looking down at the floor. "You're not a breed but you're not human or demon either. You're different. Too different for this world."

"No one is too different! Everyone has a place. That's what you told me!"

"You're different Devin! You simply change gender but he smells like the devil!"

"Impossible." Devin scoffed. They both froze as the tiny man slowly made it his way to Ryan. It seemed as though he floated even though they could see his feet moving. Ryan slowly looked at him, relaxing as he touched his face. The man's touch was like ice but fire. It confused Ryan but he felt at peace for once. He placed his hand over the man's, holding it there.

"What is Josh?" The woman whispered, scared.

"Nothing. He's not bad but he's not good either. We have to keep him safe. Devin was right to bring him here instead of letting him go to Ashley. He needs to be nurtured not tortured." The man stated. Ryan whimpered, sniffling. "It's alright. How old are you?"

"Six."

"You're not six." Devin chuckled.

"That's how old he was before that damn boogie got ahold of him. I told them to change the age. You see what Chris did to that poor Ricky breed? He's ruined." The woman sighed.

"Yeah it was all over the news." Devin muttered. "What are we going to do?"

"First things first. You need new clothes." Josh chuckled.