Chapter one: Story time

Like Unlikely this will have short chapters. It's just how I've written these stories.

Ryan smiled as he slowly read the story out loud. He stumbled over a few words but the little six year old didn't mind. His green eyes were bright as he looked up at the long trench coat and hat on the coat stand. He jumped off the old rocking chair making it creak. His smile fell as he threw the coat open to reveal just the stand.

Ryan pouted, turning away from the stand. He let out a disappointed sigh at the lack of his friend. He stomped his foot, walking away from the stand. He turned his back to his closet, a small sob making its way past his lips.

He let out a loud, surprised squeal as he was lifted off the floor. "Hello little one."

"MR. BOOGEY!" Ryan cried. "You weft mwe!"

"I didn't leave little one. Just playing hide and seek. Don't you like that game?"

"Not wit you." Ryan grumbled. "No weaving."

"I won't leave little one. One day you'll come with me." The creature spoke. He looked down at Ryan with bright red eyes, his hat tilted. Ryan gently tugged on the creatures stretched ears. "You're so innocent. I hope they say yes." The creature sighed, gently kissing Ryan's forehead.

"Mr. Boogie, can we take a nap? I sweepy."

"No little one. If you nap now then you won't sleep tonight. Why don't we get you dinner instead?"

"Chickwen nuggets?"

"Yes. Chicken nuggets."

"Then that's okay Mr. Boogie. Let's go."