Night Terror (Nightmare Sans x Reader)

as requested by Echo_Nightshade

It had been four months since Nightmare Sans had taken you for his own doing, but he had changed. You changed too. Before, you were a small, afraid girl against the world. Now, Nightmare had made you braver.

Nightmare had become kinder. Of course, he still brought fear, but he wasn't as harsh about it. He even gave you a nice room that had a (f/c) theme, so it wasn't all bad. The bed was a water bed, with a feather pillow. You had a snazzy iPhone 7 plus, so you were constantly on Wattpad. Right now, you were laying on your bed, waiting to sleep.

Your earbuds were plugged into your ears, like normal, playing relaxing music that soothed you. Your eyes closed, and you drifted off to sleep.

You opened your eyes, and saw something horrific. It was your little sister, but she wasn't alright. Black vines wrapped around her wrists and ankles. Her face looked like she was in pure agony. You tried to look away, but something held your head in place. Suddenly, the vines dug into her arms, causing your sister to scream. Blood came out of the new wounds. A familiar laugh echoed through the room. You felt your blood run cold. Nightmare walked into view. His back was turned to you.

"Your worst nightmare, your sister getting hurt?" asked Nightmare. You cried out, your heart breaking as he again made your sister scream out in pain. "I wonder who you are." He didn't know? You opened your mouth to speak, but you were unable to make a sound.

"(y/n)! It's not real," she whispered.

"(y/n)?" repeated Nightmare, turning around. His voice came out muffled. "(y/n)!" Your eyes snapped open, and you shuddered as you saw Nightmare. He looked worried. His one eye was full of fright.

"Nightmare?! Don't hurt my sister!" you screamed. You shielded your face.

"What are you talking about?" asked Nightmare. "I saw you were having a bad dream after I came to check on you... I think it was because I came in here while you were sleeping."

"So, my sister isn't actually hurt?" you asked hopefully.

"Nope," replied Nightmare. "Sorry I gave you that dream."

"It's fine," you replied quickly, looking away.

"Look, I promise it won't happen again," he said. You looked down, feeling uncomfortable. Nightmare sighed, and started to leave.

"No, stay," you said suddenly.

"Why? I might give you another nightmare," Nightmare spat. Of course his mood had to change to a sour one.

"Because you make me feel safe," you replied. Nightmare sighed, and laid onto the bed, his tentacles disappearing.

"Alright, goodnight, (y/n)," said Nightmare. "Hope you don't have bad dreams when I'm around." He wrapped his arms around you, and you fell asleep. In fact, it was the best dream you've ever had.

OMG GUYS! THANKS SO SO MUCH FOR 100 READS! Dream come true~ (hahahahahaha see what i did there)