Hurt (Horrortale Sans x Abused!Reader)

Darkness. Pain. Depression. Trapped. Missing.

These were the only five words you could think in your mind. You had tried to leave Sans and Papyrus, but ended up caught by another monster. Now, you were trapped. The monster would beat you mercilessly, and brought you food and water once every three days to make sure you would live for them to enjoy. 

You wish you hadn't left Sans and Papyrus.

Sans, though he tried to kill you multiple times, warmed up to you and even became your best friend. 

Papyrus, even though he used to eat humans, he seemed to have turned sane once again, 'like his old self' as Sans had put it.

Why did you leave? Well, it was because Sans had an outburst. You didn't know why, but Sans had tried to kill you, much more serious about it than he had before. You were heartbroken, considering the feelings you had developed for him over the months. 

You heard footsteps pound down the stairs. The monster was back. There was a clang with the steps, which meant the monster had your supplies to live, or the belt you hated the most. You didn't know if it was feeding day. Sometimes, the monster would beat you, and you would be out for the three days until it gave you your supplies. Maybe you were lucky today.

But then, the sound of metal glancing off the ground took away your hope. It was the belt. The belt was a long string with sharp, metal blades on the sides. It cut into your skin, and stung worse than anything you had ever felt. Your heart skipped a beat as the monster gave a demonic laugh, and cracked the belt on the ground.

You closed your eyes.

"You ready for a show?" asked the monster. "In here, I have my little pet that I caught." It was too dark to tell who the monster was talking to. Obviously, there was another monster.

There was a muffled voice from across the dark room, which sounded familiar.

"Oh this? Yeah, it's a human. Called itself (y/n)," said the monster. The voice sounded slightly more serious, but the monster holding you captive cut the voice off. "I don't have time. She deserves her punishment." The sound of metal being dragged on the ground rang clear. Your heart pounded, and you whimpered. You expected pain, but didn't feel any. 

Your eyes snapped open as a shriek sounded, and something was thrown to the ground, with a dull thunk. You looked, and it was the shape of a head. Above you stood a figure with a red glowing eye. Something glinted in the light, which you saw to be a cleave. The owner of the weapon wore a blue hoodie. You immediately recognized who is was, and shook. 

"are you okay?" You were shocked. You were expecting the cleave to be swung at your head. You were silent. Sans asked again. "are you okay?!"

"N-No," you started to sob. "I was captive and hurt for months, and after you tried to kill me, you saved me!" 

"i didn't mean to burst out like that," said Sans. "i was confused."

"Confused about what, Sans?" you replied. "Confused if I was worth the life given to me?"

"n-no," he said. "i was confused if i hated you, or loved you..." You were shocked at the confession. But, you remained strong.

"So, are you going to kill me now, and figure it out? Because maybe I shouldn't care. I love you, so why not sacrifice myself for you?" you snapped. You blushed, realizing what you said. Sans seemed shocked.

"well, things have changed," said Sans. "another human came. they claimed to have met me before, though i don't remember. we're free, but not completely sane. i've been looking for you. while i was looking, i realized one thing. i love you." You were shocked at the confession. "and when this monster said that they had captured someone, i had to check. when i found out it was you, i snapped and killed him."

"I-I.."

"stay with me, don't leave," said Sans. You nodded, and took his outstretched hand.