Chapter 3

I wake to the sound of a bell, it’s just my message notice. Someone texted me. I prop up on one elbow and grab my phone of the slightly worn out bedside. I got it when I was 5, it is 10 years old. I look at my phone, at first the light is blinding as my eyes adjust. It is from Nathan. I slide my thumb on the screen to unlock it and read the message. 

Nathan: Hey :) Do you want to spend some time with me after school?

Aalia: You mean like a date? :)

Nathan: Yeah, sure. Why not. So is that a yes?

Aalia: Sure, what did you have in mind?

Nathan: I don’t know just walking around the mall. We can get pizza or something?

Aalia: Alright. Well I have to get ready for school now. Bye :)

I lock my phone again and place it back on my bedside. I decide to have an upbeat day. First I need to play some music. Take Me Home by Cash Cash ft. Bebe Rexha. With music playing in the background I change and pack my bag. I slip on my converse and turn off my music, grabbing my phone as I make my way down stairs.

“Mum, after school can I go out with a friend?” I ask, picking up a piece of toast.

“Sure.” She smiles. I see both of my brothers fighting their way to go to the kitchen first.

------------------------

A/N

When I do Aalia's song I will just find a song I like from another artist and pretend it is her's.

------------------------

At school, I sit in music class waiting for our teacher. Just before the teacher walks in, Nathan does. He smiles and sits next to me.

“Hey.” He greets.

“Hi. So, what do we do in music?” I ask.

“We sing and play instruments as assignments. But you’ll be the best at the whole singing thing. I heard some of your songs. They are really good.” I feel myself blush as he says that.

“Thank you.” I smile. Our teacher, Mr Walker shows up to class.

“Please form into groups of 4 he instructs. Nathan and I pair up with Isabel and another kid named Nick.

"As everyone knows we have Aalia Malik in our class. Please make her feel welcome and not like she needs maximum security." He stares at a few girl who look like they know who my parents are, but I guess who doesn't.

“Yes sir.” One of the girls says.

“Alright go ahead and choose songs to preform.” He says.

“Aalia could you come here?” He asks as everyone starts discussing songs.

“Sure.” I make my way over to his desk that he has just sat down at.

“I was wondering if you would preform one of you songs in the last 10 minutes of class. Just to give people a sense of stage, how to stand and how to feel whilst on stage.” He asks.

“Yes, sure. Which one?” I ask. I have 2 albums out at the moment and SYCO is helping on another.

“You choose.” He flicks through a textbook.

“What about A year without rain?” I ask, it was the first one I could think of.

“Sure.” He says. I walk back to my group.

“What did he want?” Nathan asks laughing.

“He wants me to sing in the last 10 minutes of class.” I explain.