Chapter 14: On The Run

Song^ On The Run by Corey Harper

"Pull the bag off of her head.. Now!"

I felt someone yank the thing away from my head and I blinked a few times to adjust my eyes to see where I was. When my eyes focused, I was face to face with a gun.

I saw a guy in the front seat, facing me with the gun pointed at my face. I studied him for a second and realized that it was the same guy that kidnapped me the day I left Mrs. Shuler's.

What the fuck.

"Well, hello again," hearing his voice was like nails on a chalk board. I cringed at the sound but tried not to make it noticeable. I'm afraid that even the slightest movement, he'll shoot me. "Nice to finally meet again,"

I tried to calm my insides, because right now everything was shaking with fear. I didn't understand any of this, what the hell did he want? Why couldn't he leave me alone?

I averted my eyes away from him for a second to look at the right side of me. That's when something- or someone caught my eye. They was sitting in the seat, with their head against the window, clearly knocked out. They had a coat on and their brown hair was covering their face.

Mrs. Shuler.

I quickly turned to the guy, "What the hell did you do to her!" I screamed, which wasn't my best moment.

I heard the gun click, and he was staring at me. I need to keep my damn mouth shut or I'll get killed.

"Shut the hell up, we didn't hurt your little girlfriend, alright?" yeah, my girlfriend. If only. "Now, do you want to know why you're here, or are you going to have to get shot?" well, I didn't want to get shot, so I guess the first option I'm going with.

"Why am I here? What do you want from me?" I didn't understand anything because I can't get any of the answers I want. I never understand anything that happens in my life anymore.

He kept the gun pointed at me while he stared at me, "I want to know-"

I heard noises and I looked over to see Mrs. Shuler slowly sitting up. She held her head and I watched as she moved her hair from her face. She slowly looked around and her eyes landed on me. The look of confusion was clearly there, and when she noticed that two other guys were in the front seat, that confusion turned into fear.

I watched as she tried to make sense of this situation, but was useless because I didn't even know what was going on. I'm just mentally banging my head against the window because this is another lie I will have to tell.

Lies after lies after lies.

When do I get a break?

"Oh good, your girlfriend is awake, now she can watch you either die or tell me what I want to know," I looked over to see Mrs. Shuler looking at me with the same amount of fear written on her face. "Now, Sammy. I want to know where your sister is," I looked at him as he was staring at me, with the gun still pointed at me.

My sister? Why the hell did he want to know?

I shrugged, "I don't know,"

"Don't fucking lie to me. I am sick of everyone lying to me, especially your fucking sister," I could see that this was upsetting him and I didn't want that to happen in fear that he would pull the trigger.

"I'm telling you the truth. I haven't seen her since a few days ago, how could I possibly know where she is?" she never tells me where she goes. I don't know where she leaves to all the time, or who she hangs with or what she does. She never tells me anything, because she doesn't care.