Girl Talk (Slight Janna x Star)

Star's POV

    Who knew the moon and stars could look so pretty in the night sky? My eyes were glued to the crescent moon, surrounded by twinkling and glowing stars. I sat on the roof of the Diazs' house, trying to clear my mind after recent events. So far, it worked. "Star? Is that you?" I looked down to see a familiar girl looking up at me. Brown eyes, short skirt, yet a tomboyish look. "Oh, hi Janna," I said, trying to add a smile on my face and cheer in my voice. "I heard you came back to protect Marco and his family." My face fell as soon as I heard his name. "Who told you?" I asked, sadness lurking in my voice. "Jackie did. She told us you came back and why. She seemed excited so I decided to visit," she shrugged. Using a ladder, she got onto the roof and sat down next to me.

    We stayed silent for what seemed as ages. Luckily for me, Janna broke the ice. "So, anything new going on? How is Ponyhead?" she asked uneasily. I knew that she knew I wasn't exactly okay. I put on a fake smile. "Nothing new. And Ponyhead is alright. She is probably getting chased around the Cloud Lounge," I joked. Janna put on an amused smile. "So, what are you going to do?" she asked me suddenly, which made me choke on my words. "What do you mean?" I asked after having my coughing fest. "If you defeat the monsters here, save Earth and all, what are you going to do after? Are you going back to Mewni?" "Most likely." Janna chewed on her lip. "So, what happened to you? You seem," she paused, "different." I just replied with a simple 'I went to a school that reforms princesses in Mewni, so now I am a proper and mature princess' explanation. I could tell she was a little shocked because she just stared at me like I just ate a warnicorn.

    We began chatting about our lives back at home, our problems, and even the ridiculous yet funny events that happened in our lives. "No way, you totally did not do that!" I laughed. Janna snorted in humor. "Mhm. He kept looking at me all weird, so I just told him to call me when I am not busy." We both burst into laughter. "Janna the Master Flirt," I praised. Janna snickered, patting me on the back. I smiled. For real this time. I was happy I had a friend like Janna around. "Its late, I have to head to bed," I said. Janna's smile faltered for a bit. That was when a smirk appeared on her face. "Okay princess, make sure to get your beauty rest." I rolled my eyes, holding in a giggle. "Bye Janna," I waved to her, before teleporting into my room. "Night Star." That was the last thing I heard before ripping through space and time to get into bed.

 <Remember the mission, do not get distracted. You have to stop Toffee and his army.>

<I understand, Mom.>

<I miss you Star, please be careful.>

<I miss you too, and I will be fine>

<I will talk to you again tomorrow.>

<In my dreams again? I wonder if we are telepathic.>

<.......>

<I am kidding. Goodbye mother.>

<Goodnight, Star Butterfly.>