Chapter 5

"Thanks for making a fire Chimchar,"said Barry.Chimchar grinned widely,"Chim!"Sapphire came back to the group with a handful of logs."This should keep the fire going,"Sapphire said throwing the logs in the fire.Ruby lied against a tree with Marill sitting in her lap.Watching the fire dance she thought about the bond between her and Sapphire.'I still don't get how we have a connection,I'm nothing special.....'She thought.

Barry sat on a stump while Chimchar lied against his leg."Anyone getting sleeping?"asked Barry.Ruby raised her hand,"Count Marill,except she's already asleep."Ruby was right,Marill was curled up in a ball,sound a sleep.Lucas sat next to Ruby and leaned against the same tree."Count me too,"Lucas said.Sapphire shook her head,"I'm use to staying up."Eevee jumped on Sapphire's shoulder as she began to climb a tree.

"Sapphy,why are you climbing a tree?"asked Ruby.Sapphire sat on a branch,leaning against the tree,letting her leg dangle and Eevee sitting in her lap."You like trees huh?"Barry chuckled.Sapphire shrugged,"It just makes me feel like I'm at home,when I was a little girl,I use to actually sleep in the trees with the Pokémon in the forest......"Berry nodded while Ruby smiled."I think that's amazing...."Ruby said closing her eyelids.

Berry picked up Chimchar and slid down the stump."Closing his eyes,Chimchar fell asleep in Barry's arms.When Ruby fell asleep,her head fell on Lucas's shoulder.He slightly blushed as Sapphire began to giggle."What?"asked Lucas.She shook her head."Nothing..."Sapphire said.Lucas gave her a strange look before laying his head against the tree.Sapphire looked at the sky and smiled.....

__________________________

Ruby's P.O.V

It was dark.....I stood by myself....alone.....I felt a dark presence around me.....However everywhere I looked I saw nothing...I turned and saw a shadow.....I stepped back....not wanting it to come close...I heard a shriek that made my head jerk to the side....It sounded like a small girl....this time I heard shouts of a man....Scared,I turned and ran...only the piercing screams of little girl and the heart breaking shouts of the man followed me......

I started to cry....wanting the cries to disappear....I heard shuffling behind me,I turned slowly to see a small girl crying on the floor.Her small gasps and weeping made me shiver...Only I was curious and bent down."Please....don't cry....I'm here,"I said soothingly.The small girl shook her head,"I want....my daddy...."she whispered.I didn't quite catch what she said as I wrapped an arm around her.

"What did you say?"I asked.The little girl lifted her head and cried,"I want my daddy!"I stood up and stumbled back,shocked about what she did.The little girl stood and shrieked,making me cover my ears.The girl was slowly being swallowed up in black...starting at her feet.Trembling,I watched as the black shadow covered her entire body....still she cried.The shadow then grew taller,with glowing red eyes.

When it disappeared,a man was standing in its place.All my thoughts were carried away by fear.I couldn't think right.The man was only a black figure,the only structure of him I could see....was his shadow blue eyes.They pierced through me like sharp knives as I gasped.The man chuckled slightly and then laughed.Turning around he walked off.I shook my head and ran to him,only I felt as if I was just running in place."Who are you!?"I called out.

He didn't answer.I then saw a small black cloud,hovering towards me.Slightly afraid,I took a step back.When it reached me,I leaned in close.Looking into it as if it was a mirror.I saw a man on his knees with two other men dressed in weird uniforms,holding his arms.I watched as he struggled to get free,however he was too weak against the two men.I saw the men drag him away as he screamed and shouted.

Scared,I looked away.The cloud disappeared as I heard a women's laughter.Looking up,I saw a shadow of a women,looking down at me.I fell to my knees as a sharp pain hit my head.Tears fell from my eyes and they fell to the floor.....Whispers then filled my ears.Slowly I turned around.....and came....face....to....face....With....A....

Darkrai......