Chapter 9

"Sapphire....what happened?"Ruby asked.

After the incident,both Sapphire and Ruby chose to stay in a room together at the Pokémon center while Lucas and Paul got another room.Ruby lied on her bed,arms propped up on a pillow.Sapphire sat up on her bed,looking down at her legs.

"I....I don't know....Anger just got the best of me.....When I met Paul,something clicked.Like I've met him before,like he meant a lot me.So when he saved me and got sent into that wall....I snapped.Then....I just couldn't control myself,"Sapphire sighed.

"While your eyes were red and your anger for the best of you,a Pokémon's shadow was hovering over you.Like it was watching you.Like,it was protecting you from something.Like it was on your side,"Ruby explained.

"What Pokémon was it?"Sapphire asked.

Ruby tapped her chin,"I....I don't know...."

Eevee hopped onto the bed and snuggled onto Sapphire's lap while Marill did the same,huddling close to Ruby's chest.

"So glad I didn't lose her,"Ruby sighed.

Sapphire nodded.

"Alright,how about we get a goodnight rest,see ya in the morning Sapphire,"Ruby said in small voice.

Sapphire sat up and looked at Ruby once more before laying down with Eevee next to her.

~~~~

"Wake up girls!"Lucas yelled.

Ruby groaned before rolling out of her bed unintentionally.

"Ow..."Ruby mumbled.

Sapphire's eyes fluttered open,sitting up.

"Any dreams?"asked Ruby,laying on the floor.

"Nope,I actually had a good sleep,"Sapphire yawned.

She pulled herself out of bed extending out her hand.

"Need help?"

"Yes please."

After helping her up,both got ready.

"Can you hand me the brush?"asked Ruby,showing Sapphire her tangled hair.

Sapphire chuckled and handed one to her.

"Thanks."

Finally after thirty minutes of getting ready,both girls headed out,meeting up with Lucas and Paul.

"Hey Lucas!Hey Paul!"Ruby greeted.

Lucas smiled and slung his pack back on.

"Hey Ruby,hey Sapphire,ready to go?"asked Lucas.

Ruby nodded as Sapphire did the same.

"Wait,I've got to talk to Paul for a sec,"Sapphire said,grabbing Paul's arm and leading him away from the others.

"So..."Sapphire began looking away.

"Thank you."

Sapphire arched an eyebrow.

"For what?"

"Duh.For saving my life,"Paul smiled gently.

A blush crept up on Sapphire's face,she smiled back.

"Your welcome.Well,I hope I see you around,"Sapphire said.

"Where are you guys headed?"

"Oreburgh City.Why?"

"Just wondering....Well,see ya,"He said,turning around and waving.

Disappointed,she smiled weakly.