Book 2: Lava

(The book two parts will not be labeled by chapter as the first book was. it'll be titled Lava: part_ i'm so clever it hurts :3)

Who would have thought looking back on everything that you of all people, you who in the beginning were nothing but a simple chore girl in the palace who could not even bend a small flame, were now the light of Zuko's life and a main contributing reason to keep him from plunging into the dark world of insanity.

"SHOW US AGAIN!" Kiyi demands excitedly.

"alright... but only one more time." You giggle to yourself and then release your breath and take a large inhale. Lavabending had begun to draw masses of attention to you from people close to Zuko because it was strange and new. Everyone wanted to know more about the lava bending and discover how you came to possess such an incredible talent.

"AMAZING!" Kiyi and a few other small children from the village watch you in complete astonishment as you show off you bending technique. Kiyi pretend bends with you copying your movements because she thinks your awesome.

From the door of the palace Zuko watches leaning against the frame with a smirk on his face. "I think I'm going to do it today."

"she's a special girl." Mai says with a smile.

"yeah." Zuko turns halfway to look at Mai. "I appreciate your assistance helping clean up all the trouble the rebels have caused."

"Not at all my king." Mai chuckles. "so weird calling you king... I remember when you used to be a shrimp." She smirks.

"haha very funny Mai." Zuko rolls his eyes.

"what I mean to say is... You'll do great things for the fire nation." Mai bows and then begins walking towards the village. "I must head out now. I do wish you the best luck though Zuko."

Zuko nods a bit and turns his focus back to you. "alright Mai see ya later."

Yes, it's true that it was a bit awkward the two were so close again, but Zuko assures you he's over Mai and his only interest is restoring peace to the nation. You had no reason to distrust Zuko so you didn't tell him you were jealous of how much Mai knows about Zuko that you do not know. You weren't sure if she did it on purpose but she constantly flaunts that fact every time she gets the chance... like she's only there to remind you that you don't know everything about Zuko.

You look up and see Mai leaving then you notice Zuko standing in the doorway watching you. You wave to Zuko and then lay the lava flat so it will descend back into the earth. You rush to Zuko's side smiling. "Afternoon love."

Zuko smirks. "afternoon." Zuko reaches one arm out for a hug and you take it. "glad to see your having a good time with the children."

"they were curious about my bending." You shrug. "can't say I blame them, but hey it's good practice."

Zuko nods. "yes it is. The more practice the better." He sticks his tongue out a little. "you know... so innocent fire lords don't get accidentally barbecued."

You nod. "right." He walks you inside the palace towards the throne room. "listen (Y/N) I've been... meaning to ask you something for a while..." he pauses in the hall for a brief moment with a very serious look on his face.

"yes Zuko?" You question turning to look at him.

"I've been thinking..." Zuko smiles a little. "about your role as... advisor..." he starts to reach into his pocket but whatever he grabbed in flung across the room as Zuko is stricken in the back of the head and knocked unconscious.