chapter two: blackout

>>a/n: sorry for the short chapt!!

~~~

[YOUR POV - 2 years before Voltron was formed]

She was like the sun, engulfing everyone around her in comfort. She always had the brightest smile stretched across her lovely face, dazzling strangers and even yourself. She made the sternest of people crack a smile. Her eyes were like the sweet sap of honey. Her smile was like the feeling you would get when you watched the sun rise. Her laugh was like the sound and scent of spring.

She was loved.

She was loved, even by the most evil of creatures.

You were eight when it happened. You were nine when she was stripped away from you and you were forced to watch her eyes dull, her smile dissolve, and her laugh be the echo of a memory long forgotten. You were ten when you realized that not everyone was as kind as your father, as gentle as your sister, or as loving as your mother.

You were nine when you felt every emotion in existence.

You were ten when you stopped feeling.

You were ten when you stopped feeling, stopped caring, stopped giving two shits about if you would live or die or not because the three people you cared about most were either dead or separated from you, hundreds of light years away.