Chapter one : The New Beggining

*beep beep beep*
The sound of Emily's alarm woke them up. Spencer had secretly moved in with Emily over a month ago, life was going great, they had kept their relationship a secret from their team for six months and no one suspected a thing.
Spencer rolled over to face Emily, he watched her sleep for a few minutes when suddenly his phone started ringing.
"Hello?" He asked
"Hey we have a case in New York, Hotch wants us in the office asap." JJ said in a sleepy voice.
"Okay I'll be there soon."
"Oh and can you see if you can get ahold of Emily? She isn't answering her phone."
"Uh yeah I'll try. Bye"
He hung up and placed his phone back on the nightstand.
"Em honey we gotta get up, we have a case"
"Hmm five more minutes"
He placed his arm around her waist and pulled her close to him.
"Okay, just five more minutes"
- An hour later-
"Em hurry up or we're going to be late!"
" I'm coming I'm coming"
Emily rushed down the stairs and grabbed her coat.
"The one thing I hate about work is that we have to act like friends the entire time, and I can't exactly pull you away every five minutes to kiss you."
"I know, we'll tell them soon, but not now, I don't think I'm ready to be picked on by Morgan for the rest of my life"
"Yeah. I'm not exactly prepared to dodge JJ and Penelope's phone calls either"
"Well we better get going"
He gave her a quick kiss and headed out the door. To avoid suspicion, Spencer leaves around ten minutes before Emily so they don't show up together.
-30 minutes later-
"Okay so in the past two weeks, four different couples have been found murdered. He kidnaps both of them and holds them for 48 hours before killing them." Garcia them handed out the crime scene photos.
"That's one hell of an escalation. The first two couples had minor injuries yet the second two had over 17 stab wounds. What changed?"
"That's what we need to find out. Wheels up in 10."
-on the plane-
The victims family said that the couples were extremely close, they lived together and were as happy as can be"
"Maybe they're surrogates, the woman could resemble a girlfriend who abandoned him. The female victim clearly suffered the most torture here" Emily said while examining the crime scene photos.
"Both were brunette in the early thirties to forties."
Emily and Spencer both looked at each with worry in their eyes, they were the unsubs type.