Chapter Six: Remember

"JJ?"

"Yeah?"

"Please find her... I won't be able to live without her... please find her." Tears rapidly falling down his cheeks, he made no effort to wipe them.

JJ looked at Reid and had no idea what to do to comfort him, so she did the only thing she could do.

"We will Spence." She said pulling him into a tight hug which he made no effort to remove himself from, he just hugged back tighter.

"JJ? I recognise the unsubs name."

JJ pulled back slightly. "What?"

"Emily said the name before, I- I can't remember how she knew him though."

JJ looked shocked. "So you're saying Emily knows Ben?"

Reid just nodded, looking down at his thumbs that were dancing together on his lap.

Before JJ could say anything, Hotch came in, he looked worried.

"Sam Parker's body's been found. Rose managed to survive."

Reid and JJ's heads snapped around to look at Hotch in shock, this wasn't good, it hadn't even been 12 hours since their abduction, he was getting closer to his end game.

But he left a survivor, so maybe they'd find Emily faster.

'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~

JJ came running into the conference room.

"Emily knows the unsub." She said as soon as she entered the room.

Everyone looked at JJ surprised.
Hotch spoke up. "How do you know?"

"Reid recognises his name. He said Emily mentioned at some point."

"Is he sure? His judgment could be off since Emily's missing."

JJ nodded. "I'm certain. He looked certain."

Hotch pinched the bridge of his nose, his eyes shut tightly.

"This completely changes his profile." He sighed.

"I know but I think we should take a look at this."

"Alright."

'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~

Emily woke up with excruciating pain in the back of her head.

She winced and attempted to sit up. Bad move. She immediately clamped her eyes shut and sat back down. That's when she realised she was on a chair, she slowly tried to move her arms, she couldn't move them, they were duct taped to the side of the chair, along with her legs.

She felt a pressure on her lips, there was tape over them too.

She slowly opened her eyes and saw she was in a dark basement. She took in her surroundings. The walls were damp and the only source of light was a tiny window at the top of the wall to her left, it had steel bars over them and two stage lights at either end of the room, the lights focusing on where she was sitting. In front of her was a metal door, probably locked, and to her right were a ton of chains attached to the wall.

She was about to try and get off her restraints when she heard footsteps leading to the room she was in. She sighed and slumped back down in her chair.

A few moments later the door opened and shut, and Ben walked in with an evil smirk on his face.

"Emily..." he said in a sickly, sing-song voice once he'd approached her.

She just glared at him, there was something she recognized about him, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

"Aw don't be like that." He said, his hands tracing up her arm to her shoulders and along her neck.

She shut her eyes, taking deep breaths and hoping that Spencer would find her soon.

"I have a surprise for you." He whispered into her ear. Her eyes popped open in panic. He moved away from her and grabbed a camera and tripod from the other side of the door.

Her eyes widened. 'What the hell is that for?"'. He smirked and placed the tripod about 7 feet away from her. He pulled out his phone and dialled a number before placing it up to his ear.

'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~

By now, everyone was in the conference room, even Spencer. Rose still hadn't woken up and she was no help until she could talk. Garcia had flied out to join them, and had arrived a few minutes before.

They were interrupted from their discussion when Hotch's phone went off.

"Hotchner." He answered.

"Hello Agent Hotchner."

Hotch frowned. "Who is this?"

Ben chuckled. "Really? Thought you'd remember me considering you were looking for me not even 6 hours ago."

Hotch sucked in a breath. He quickly put his phone on speaker realising it was Ben Crawfield on the phone. "Where is Agent Prentiss?"

Everyone's head snapped up to look at Hotch. Reid immediately got up and stood next to Hotch. He signalled to Reid to stay quiet.

"Sorry Agent Hotchner, I can't tell you that."

He growled. "Where is she!" he snapped.

Ben chuckled. "If you want to see your Agent again, I recommend telling your technical analyst to check her email. I've got a surprise for all of you." And with that he hung up.

'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~

Emily's eyes were as wide as saucers by the time he had ended the call.

Ben smiled and headed back over to Emily. He violently ripped the tape off her mouth, chucking it to the side. Emily gasped out in pain. She looked up at him.

"What do you want?" she asked plainly. She had no emotion in her voice.

"Still good at compartmentalizing I see." He stated. She looked at him confused. What the hell was he talking about?

He gasped in mock surprise. "You don't remember me?"

"Not really worth remembering." She muttered.

"What did you say?" getting closer to her face.

"Nothing." She said, once again, showing no emotion, she wouldn't give him what he wanted.

"Shame. I remember everything about you."

She cocked her head to the side. "Really?"

"Oh yes. I remember how you use to sneak out of your house most Saturday nights to go to parties. I remember the drugs and the drinking. Oh and I certainly remember that little butterfly tattoo on your right hip."

Her jaw dropped open in shock. How did he know about one of her tattoos?

He turned around and turned on his camera before making his way back over to Emily.

"Say hello to your friends EmmyStar."

Emily gasped when she heard him say that nickname. She whipped her head around so she could see him from where he stood behind her.

He smirked, now knowing she knew who he was.

"I'm back Emily."

TBC.

So comment some guesses on how Emily knows Ben. Sorry for the little cliff hanger. I'll be updating soon. It feels good to be back and writing again:)

-charlie