Chapter 1

Simon

I sit in the empty classroom and sigh. I really have no other place to go, so on the first day back at school I'm stuck sat in classroom, scribbling down the rest of my unfinished assignments. The only assignment I actually got done was my art assignment. I push my chair back and am about to leave, when something catches my eye from the door.

Baz Pitch walks into the room wearing a plain white round neck T-shirt, black ripped skinny jeans and black scuffed up combat boots. His long hair is pulled back into a loose bun at the nape of his neck and his black ripped messenger bag is slung over his right shoulder. Everything about this boy is beautiful and graceful. God, even his smirks are dangerously sexy. He sees me staring and gives me one of those smirks, the ones the make blush crawl up the back of neck and seep over to cover my cheeks in a layer of pinkish red.

Without checking the seating plan that the teacher laid out, he slides into the seat next to mine, dropping his bag on the floor. I look down at the floor to hide the unstoppable blush slowly covering my face. I look up at him through my eye lashes and see that he has a slightly confused expression. Not only do I hate talking to people I don't really know (which is one of the reasons I despise seating plans with a passion) but I also sort of have a crush on this gorgeous boy sat next to me. Well, not sort of, I do.

"Don't leave so soon," Baz says, making my head dart back up to meet his grey eyes. I think his eyes are the most beautiful part about him, they're a million and one shades of grey. I push my black rimmed glasses back up the bridge of my nose. "I thought maybe you could help me." He what? He thought I could help him?

"With what?" I ask him timidly. He actually smiles at me, and when I say he smiled he actually smiled. He leans down and pulls several papers covered in slanted joined up writing that I could only assume was his. He sits back in his chair and smiles again, placing his papers on the desk in front of him. I scan over the papers with my eyes, then look back up to him.

"With my assignments." He states. He pulls a blue fountain pen out of his pocket and takes the cap off, placing it on the other end.

"But you're top of most classes, why would you need my help?" I say quietly, looking down at my fiddling hands resting in my lap. He looks at me funny, an amused smile on his face and his eyebrows pulled together.

"English." He answers and he doesn't have to say any more, I know what he means. Blush rises in my cheeks. I'm top of the class in English. Penny says I should be proud of myself, but it just puts pressure and attention on me. I bite down on my lip as I pull Baz's papers towards me. I read it carefully and nod a couple of times. Baz really is smart, he's great at everything, I swear that boy is perfect I look up at him, he looks so hopeful and he's fucking smiling again.

"It's good." I say, nodding again. He looks surprised and takes the paper back from me. He pulls a notebook out of his bag and places it on top of his papers.

"Really?" He questions. I nod my head tentatively. He opens the notebook and I see that first page that is filled with haphazard doodles. He turns the page and begins to write. With both of us now silent, I begin to wonder and think about think about things. Why was the most popular boy at our school sat in a nearly empty classroom on the first day back at school with possibly the most unpopular boy at our school? He glances at me a couple of times, but I pretend not to notice. He stands up abruptly and pulls the assigned seating plan towards him, he scribbles out the name next to mine on the seating plan and his name and swaps them so he's sat next to me, mimicking the teachers hand writing.

I can't help it, my my falls open and my eyes go large.

"What at you-" I begin but he smirks and cuts me off.

"Changing arrangements." He says, then he has the audacity to wink at me. Let me repeat that; wink at me. The blush, that I didn't know was there, reddens. He sits back down in his seat just as the bell rings to signal the start of the first class of the year. The rest of my class flood into the classroom, filling up the seats. Baz just smirks at me once more and goes back to writing.

I'm fine with this class, it's English so I don't find it hard at all. I pull out the book we're reading in class, a midsummer night's dream. If Penny was here she'd complain about how outdated and old the books we read are. But unfortunately we have completely different timetables, which also means some unfortunate soul in her maths class will have to hear her complain.

The lessons drones on forever so most of the words go over my head. I scribble on the cover of my notebook and glance at Baz. He's still writing in his notebook. The and of lesson belle rings and absolutely scares me to death. I'm stuffing my notebook and pencil case into my bag when Baz speaks up.

"See you later, yeah?" Baz asks. I don't know why he's asking.

"Yeah, sure." I say giving him reassuring smile. He nods at me then heads for the door. I follow his movements with my eyes. I sigh, then realise what situation I'm in, I'm talking to the most popular boy at my school. God, so many girls would love to be my place, many boys would like it too. I walk out the door after him.