.idk

sounds about right.

being captivated/inspired by "these" novels is normal. but to compare that to our situation/to reality and to actually expect things to turn out just like in movies/novels and such -that's another issue.

stories give us comfort cause we know they exist because of conflicts. 

we see ourselves in these conflicts and we continue to read because we know, unlike our reality, these stories have a definite ending -a solution that was promised to us before we even started reading it. 

in real world we have this. 

we have the never ending failures, we have insecurities, we have society and internet, we have studies and relationships, we have debts, bills and unemployment, razor blades and ropes...

-so we adapt. we distract ourselves with almost anything. thank god for indie music, for books and art. thank god for Shane Carruth, Joss Whedon and Neil Gaiman; thank god for doctor who and twilight zone. thank god for chocolates and cheesecakes. but most of all, thank god for them, which we call our friends. 

because well, in the process of relating ourselves to such stories and fantasies we can only see through it with our brutally-honest-savage-horrible-yet-incredible-friends. that whenever a story pulls us deeper and deeper into its mirage, we can count on them to save us and keep us from drowning. that every time we got lost to our own version of reality, they're there -always ready to hit us on the head (figuratively and literally).

just a reminder. not because we're stupid, not that we don't know what's real... but because sometimes, we also forget.

and maybe, maybe that's all that we need.