Brainfreeze

"Uh, two, umm, strawberry smoothies please." Jesse gave the vendor two gold ingots, paying for her and Petra's drinks. It was over 90 degrees, and everyone was struggling to find ways to keep cool. The man nodded, giving exchanging the ingots for smoothies. Jesse managed to grab both, without dropping them. She walked over to the tree where Petra sat, repeatedly rubbing sweat off her forehead.

Jesse handed Petra the smoothie, "Thanks Jess."

"Jess?"

"Yeah. Your new nickname." Petra sipped her smoothie.

Jesse raised an eyebrow. "Why Jess?"

Petra just shrugged. "Because it's cute, like you." As soon as she realized what she said, her face went extremely red, and she started to drink her smoothie super fast. Jesse still hadn't completely processed what the auburn haired girl had said, and she just sat there, like an idiot. "Ughhh." Jesse turned to see Petra rubbing her head. 

"What's wrong?"

"Brainfreeze."

Jesse smiled as she got an idea, leaning forward, she kissed Petra. On the lips. Surprised, Petra's eyes widened, but she didn't break away. "Did that take away the brainfreeze?" Jesse asked, eyebrow raised.

"No, I think you need to do it again." Petra whined, making Jesse laugh.

"Sure."