Doodles

Jesse and Petra sat at a table, both eight year olds holding a piece of paper and pencil in each hand. Jesse stuck out her tongue as she looked at her drawing, twisting the paper and moving it so she could achieve the correct angles.

Petra watched the ravenette, her eyebrow raised as Jesse smiled, gently pushing Petra's head away, then moving back to her drawing.

"Don't look! It's a surprise!"

Petra huffed, rolling her eyes before picking up the pencil from the ground, continuing to draw.

~the author is a lazy potato~

"Done!" Jesse shouted, Petra jumping slightly at the sudden noise. The auburn haired girl turned.

"With what?"

Jesse smiled, clutching the paper tightly to her chest. "Your portrait of course!" Emerald eyes stared into chocolate ones, the two locking, until Petra looked away, glancing at her paper.

"Well mine of your is done as well, so we can just trade papers, and yeah..."

Jesse beamed, sliding her drawing into Petra's hands, the two then trading. Jesse gasped at the paper. Petra's drawing was extremely detailed, the shading perfected and barely any shown mistakes, which still made it amazing. Jesse looked over, her face turning red as Petra scanned the paper in her hands.

Jesse wasn't as talented in drawing as the ginger. The ravenette was way better in singing, but everyone had their strengths and weaknesses. Jesse's drawing was more of a little doodle then a thing she took a ton of time on. But still, Petra loved it. It was the last day before Jesse and her family left for vacation. They were going to England, and then to Florida, which would make them be gone for around one and a half months. (I know, not very realistic but whatever)

A knock at the door made the small room silence. (umm it wasnt already silent of course)

Jesse's parents.

Jesse looked towards Petra, their eyes locking for a moment, before Jesse looked away, her face slightly red. The emerald eyed girl stood from the chair, grabbing her backpack. "Petra, I-I'll see you next year. Right?"

"Yeah, yeah of course."

The two girls hugged, awkwardly at first, then more comfortably. Petra's mom opened the door, smiling at the sight. The two were best friends, she knew it'd be hard for them to be separated for so long, but a vacation was need every once in awhile.

"Jessica dear, your mother is waiting at the door for you." Jesse nodded, before picking up a pencil from the ground.

"I'll be right there, like, gimme a few seconds." Jesse turned the paper she gave to Petra, scribbling a quick note on the back, before walking out the door.

As soon as the door was closed, Petra looked at the paper. On it, it read: 'Hi! I gonna really miss you. But here's my number. (XXX-XXX-XXXX) I know you already have it, but I wanted to give it to you again so you wouldn't forget me. See you next year!'

Petra grinned, hugging the paper tightly to her chest, not yet noticing the fact that the drawing had the two girls holding hands, and little heart next to them.